Ticked off at Jepp

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Bought their commercial instrument book in August. Full of typos. Found out they updated it in July. Had to go out and buy a new book for my class. That's a Benji down the drain. Not impressed.....

Bought their commercial instrument book in August. Full of typos. Found out they updated it in July. Had to go out and buy a new book for my class. That's a Benji down the drain. Not impressed.....
Did you buy the book direct from Jepp? If so, then they sent you the wrong book/old inventory. If you bought it retail from someone else, go back to them and exp,ain they sold you out of date inventory andnyou'd either like an adjustment or the new version.

Couldn't hurt.

Did you buy the book direct from Jepp? If so, then they sent you the wrong book/old inventory. If you bought it retail from someone else, go back to them and exp,ain they sold you out of date inventory andnyou'd either like an adjustment or the new version.

Couldn't hurt.

Thanks. Didn't buy from Jepp. I can't as stupid me can't remember where exactly I bought it. D' oh.

I bet it's still full of typos.

Their FAA written test prep(private pilot) guide was full of errors as well. Their VFR Flight Deck app was garbage, maybe they fixed it now, I gave up a very long time ago though. Not impressed with Jeppesen at all.

Their FAA written test prep(private pilot) guide was full of errors as well. Their VFR Flight Deck app was garbage, maybe they fixed it now, I gave up a very long time ago though. Not impressed with Jeppesen at all.

Just can't understand why all these 8 week live ground schools use Jeppesen. Seems there could be better resources around to use. Plus, the writing is dry.

Problem is that Jepp is still trying to expand their presence in the market. Jepp has long been the gold standard in IFR charting. The VFR stuff and pilot prep stuff is still rough around the edges.

THE COMPLETE ADVANCED PILOT, $29.95, 5th edition came out this month.

Bob Gardner

Bob Gardner

Bob, you know I have it..., :yes: that's how I am learning this stuff (besides King).

Unfortunately the groundschool I am in requires Jepp, and the Jepp book I bought last summer is ticking me off.

PS Really like the way you write those books. Used the Private Pilot one previously.

Bob Gardner

Which online site gives you the best percentage on sales? And is this the Aug 2013 edition or is there a newer one?

Thanks for the heads up the new version is out... I've been holding off getting the latest e-version until I new revision 5 was out.

Back