TIA Scare and 3rd Medical

U

Unregistered

A few weeks ago, I had what I could only describe as a three startling "senior moments" within about an 18-hour period. I'm generally a very healthy person, and not old enough to expect this kind of thing, so when something I can't explain happens, it gets my attention. Concerned it might be TIA, I called my doctor the following morning, got right in, and he referred me for an MRI and ECG.

Both were clean and normal. This all happened during a period of considerable work-related stress and sleep deprivation. I took the hint and changed jobs, and am back to getting a normal night's sleep every night. Not only has there been no recurrence, but my blood pressure has dropped to normal, allowing me to be taken off Lisinopril, and as a bonus I've lost a few pounds.

But now it's coming up on time to renew my 3rd medical. I'm going in to my general practitioner next week for my annual checkup. He tells me my issues of a few weeks ago were clearly caused by exhaustion. Are there any particular red flags to avoid, or any particular qualifying statements he should put in my record, ahead of my trip to my AME?

First, I'm pretty sure you have to self-ground until this is sorted out. Second, Bruce has addressed TIA here before, and will no doubt be along shortly to provide more answers.

Well, if it's really a TIA you need a neurologist's medical description of the event. Bring along every witness who has anything to contribute.

The TIA workup is the MRI, the EEG, a STRESS treadmill, Cardiac Echo, and Holter Monitor.
Yes you need to self ground until what this really is, is known.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back