Thundersnow

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Ok...so here we are April 7th, 2007 a little after 3 am and here in NC...its THUNDERSNOWING and sticking!!!!! A few days ago it was over 80 degrees. Gotta love weather this time of year.

Same weather here in Tennessee. I'm putting the front suspension back togather in my '95 Impala SS (every part that wears from the steering gear box foward is being replace or overhauled). I'm on my back installing the lower control arm and spring when my face get wet and cold. I look up and its freaking snowing.

It's global warming. See how WARM it is.

Ed, Ed, Ed, you just don't get it...

...oh wait, I can't comment further, we're not "in the Spin."

Same here this am and we are a ways west of y'all.
I still am nursing a slight burn on my neck from a hike in sunny 78F weather a couple days ago, today I will be spreading salt on the walkway and it is almost woxof/sn/ip.

I guess ours is more like thundersleet: seen in the thundersnow listing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow
it was interesting to read about lightning hitting 'my' ski resort's lift.

I heard about the weather coming, called Fran at her horse training course in Ocala to see if she was free over the weekend, jumped in my Tiger, and beat feet. 6 hours of flying later, I had dinner with Fran in a sunny, shirt-sleeve environment. Got up this morning, went running in shorts. Planning to spend the next hour or two sitting in the sunshine with a few flying mags while Fran rides.

According to ADDS, the snow began at SBY at 0247 local this morning, and ended about two hours ago but the temp is only +2C at midday. Local weather:

KOCF 071555Z AUTO 34007KT 10SM CLR 14/M02 A3007 RMK AO1

Gotta love having your own plane...only problem is I have to go home on Monday.

Sigh.

Back