Thundersnow in NC

scottd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scottd

Last edited:
We had it tonight too in central VA.

Tell me about it, I just drove from Northern Virginia to just north of Charlotte. Pretty nasty most of the way. My normal 6.5 hour drive took almost 10.

As Lewis Black said: And on the last day, there was thunder, lightning and snow together. And I had not done drugs.

Cause when you're lying in bed, you hear thunder outside, and you get up to look, you have an expectation. And it's not snow with lightning behind it. That's not right.

They don't even write about that kind of weather in the bible. And I imagine if a prophet had seen that kind of weather, after he wiped the poop out of his pants, he'd have told us about it.

I have never heard of thundershow. Sounds bad ass.

Happens here regularly...once or twice a season on average. Had it here a couple of weeks ago.

Simply a cold weather t-storm. No biggie.

Had it here in Michigan quite a few times over the years.

I've experienced it twice. If you like snow, its awesome. If you don't, it sucks

I am from CA so.... Ya lol. When we get a trip to the east coast in the winter I am miserable. We just got back from AR when that front moved through, ugh.

I remember it once in Calgary...was freaky with the snow falling and hearing the thunder.

Had it here in Michigan quite a few times over the years.

Standing in the middle of the driveway, scraping away with an aluminum snow shovel, listening to the thunder. You think; "Is this really a good idea?" and walk back into the house. The snow can get moved later.

Back