"Thrown Off a United Airlines Flight for Taking Pictures"

You are not providing any information to the FTC. Sorry- Doc, words mean things. I listen to what people say.

"appropriate proof of identity' also means that you use the information and not just collect it. What do you use the social security number for? Where do you obtain concurrent proof of my identity with my social security number? If you do not run a credit check, then obtaining my number does nothing for you other than 'paper' a file. You are not using the SSN to extend credit - you are using the SSN to collect later. Such is an improper use of the information at the time you obtain it - and is not subject to Dodd Frank at the time you are collecting it.

Once again - sequence, fact, reason are always important.

So - you collect SSN's? Why? What is your data security protocol to protect that information? Unlocked patient files? In a locked office? Behind one locked door? Right. You expend funds to shred documents when the patient files age out? Do you keep records of that? Do you ever verify destruction? So your patient files are compromised and because you have SSN's you get sued. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars a year for a decade for credit monitoring - likely more than you ever made from each patient in profit.

Why do you collect SSN's, DL's and similar information again? How is it going to help you collect? You can't threaten to ruin someone's credit anymore if they don't pay? I'm just trying to undertand here Doc. Whats the point? If they don't pay you, you drop them - end of story. Its so much easier than trying to collect $350 . . .

Moving on to your provider docs - interesting - everyone I have read in CT/MA and CA have the data collection language as well as spell out the required security if you do. Insurance companies and the Blues are not stupid. They understand their liability if they have a provider contract with you and you get hacked.

Honestly - to this day I don't understand why hackers bother with banks and other sources for identity theft - doctors offices are such easy targets. Just walk in steal the files - bring them back next week - you have known good current information.

You are not providing any information to the FTC. Sorry- Doc, words mean things. I listen to what people say.

Then you need to read. I did not say that I provide information to the FTC. I said that they require me to verify the identity of someone before I extend credit. In the meantime, those things have moved to that other agency, the basic concepts remain the same.

What do you use the social security number for?

If need be, I use it if I sell a bad account to a collections agency.

Why I record the information is in the consent to treat and notice of privacy practices that the patient signs. They agree to it, no problem there.

Moving on to your provider docs - interesting - everyone I have read in CT/MA and CA have the data collection language as well as spell out the required security if you do.

Mine dont. One of them right in front of me is with that company that even has 'Connecticut' in its name. All it states is: 'You will maintain medical records and documents relating to participants as may be required by applicable law and for the period of time required by law'. and so on. The only thing they care about under the 'confidentiality' header is that I dont sell their proprietary information.

We have gotten somewhat afield from dumbo blogger getting himself kicked off the plane.

I flushed United years ago. They are a bunch of Nazis.

Mh, one is a mediocre airline with poor customer service, the other is a murderous political cult that destroyed europe and killed millions of jews.

I fail to see the equivalency here.

Mh, one is a mediocre airline with poor customer service, the other is a murderous political cult that destroyed europe and killed millions of jews.

I fail to see the equivalency here.

Lighten up, Francis.......:D

Nearly a week since this incident. Four pages of posts on POA. Yet United, despite having six grounded Boeing 787's, remains in solvency.

How can this possibly be?

If I ever get kicked off of an airline flight I'm gonna screech "I'VE BEEN KICKED OUT OF WORSE BY BETTER!"

If I ever get kicked off of an airline flight I'm gonna screech "I'VE BEEN KICKED OUT OF WORSE BY BETTER!"
Ha ha. Reminds me of Ron White's line when he was thrown out of a bar,
"I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ***, but I knew how many they were going to use."

Reading some of these posts makes me realize MLB and other pro sports evidently haven't used ALL the testosterone enhanced supplements themselves.....

ugh, there is no passenger conduct policy in the United contract - you cannot willy nilly add terms to the contract because you think you can. They might have a policy for employees- but if it is not in the contract of carriage- thats nice.

I have told cops, bureaucrats and others who tell me its 'policy,' the following:

"I understand you have a policy, but I am not an employee of your organization and I am not required to follow your policy." [assuming I'm not - and often you aren't - its like going to the doctor and seeing a place to put your social security number when you are not a medicare or medicaid patient. Whats the point? just because they want it? I ALWAYS ask about what their document security protocol is when they ask me for it. You always get the blank stare and then they take the form back]

I'm aware that I bear the consequences then. Its like rolling up to DUI checkpoint - I have these printed cards that say:

"I intend to remain silent and I refuse to answer any questions. Thank you for working this evening and for respecting my absolute Right to remain silent."

I ALWAYS get pulled over. Why? Because I am exercising my rights - not because of any suspicion I am drinking alcohol. I get taken out of the car and asked to perform FST. I refuse - handing them another piece of paper in my console:

"I refuse to answer any questions and refuse the field sobriety test. I refuse to blow in your flashlight and my only method of compliance will be to arrest me. I remind you of your oath to uphold the Constitution."

That always get the lecture - 'don't waste my time, why don't you cooperate, etc etc etc etc.' I've been called lots of names - often by friends even. But you know - every police sergeant whom I speak with after I file the violation of my rights complaint since the only reason I get pulled out of line is invocation of my rights - I yet to see a police organization argue in front of police review board that invoking constitutional rights is suspicious conduct - and the sergeants tell me that they get training dollars as a result of my complaints and if they were in a line, they wouldn't cooperate either.

Think what you will - and everyone has an opinion on this - but I know the law - and I know my rights - and I understand when it is appropriate to exercise them.

FACTS: Recent DUI checkpoint in my community. 8 officers. 6p -2am. 2000 cars monitored through the checkpoint. 1 DUI. ONE. Don't you think that these 8 officers could have each arrested at least one or two if they were patrolling on a Friday night?

That's all a really great strategy for someone that is a member of the Bar of that state - but would get REAL expensive for those of us that have to hire someone to defend and file the numerous complaints on our behalf.

That's all a really great strategy for someone that is a member of the Bar of that state - but would get REAL expensive for those of us that have to hire someone to defend and file the numerous complaints on our behalf.

I never told people to do it!! :mad2::mad2::D

And Art, go back to being an architect . . marine biologist??

Back