Three problems with my TurboMedical

U

Unregistered

Hey all, I've taken AOPA's TurboMedical and found three problems. I've scanned the forums for potential answers to these questions but haven't found anything that really answers my specific questions.

Here are the issues:

1) I was convicted of DUI a little over three years ago. Recently because I started looking into my 3rd class, I found out that I still owed the court a some community service.

2) I have a history of depression. Up until 2 years ago, I had been on anti-depressants (luckily enough all on the new approved list...LexiPro being the most recent). I didn't have formal therapy, I've never had decent luck with therapists. One day, the primary care physician that prescribed me Lexipro for about 2 years decided that I needed to consult with him if I wanted to continue my prescription. I was feeling good so I weened myself off Lexipro (having been on other anti-depression meds, I knew the process). Two years later, I still feel stable. In fact, I'm going through a divorce at the moment, having to sell an upside down house and the company I work for is on a express train to bankruptcy. I bring this up not to cry about it, but as a testament to the fact that I'm feeling stable. Yeah it sucks, it's a lot to go through, but I'm not depressed about it. Which leads me to...

3) about 15 years ago, I was living in a big midwestern city (Chicago). I moved there, and didn't have many friends, and reached a crisis point. I was deep in depression (didn't know this at the time) and called 911 to get help. I said I was feeling suicidal. Really I wasn't I just was so confused and had no support structure I didn't know what was going on. However I was locked up in Chicago General's psych ward for a few days (don't recommend it).

So fast forward to today and getting my ticket.

Questions about the specifics.

1) Do I have to complete my service hours before getting my medical? Everything else is done. Just a few hours remain. Do I have to submit paper work showing my debt to society is paid? Or can I start the process now while I'm finishing up my community service.

2 and 3) can I reasonably leave these off the medical form? Probably not so much 2, but 3? Especially with #3 can I pretend they "never happened"? Assuming the answer is no, will I need a full psych work up?

Lastly, do all AMEs do consultations off the record? I was a bit taken aback to read about this. I'd purposely avoided even talking to an AME until I had my ducks in a row.

Thanks for your input!

PS, as a I've seen some of the DUI threads devolve into a moralistic debate, since the DUI, I drink one drink/hr if I'm out in a car. Since I live in a big city, I just don't drive when I go out. Also, and more importantly, I don't drink 48hrs be for my flight lesson.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back