Three bean chili tonite!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
Soaked the pinto, navy, and kidney beans yesterday, and braised the cubes of beef chuck roast for about an hour. Picked the last of the jalapeno and Thai peppers from the garden, added them and the beans, and cooked for a while. Let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

This morning added cilentro, cumin, onions, tomatos, and green peppers. Cook for a while. Late this afternoon, adjust the seasonings, maybe add some more hot pepper.

Serve tonight with corn muffins and cold beer (no Fritos, though :) )

Life doesn't get any better than that :cheers:

Just make sure you eat the chilie tonight and not Saturday evening before flying to WWD!:hairraise:

I'll be watching the sky for a mushroom cloud to the east! Sounds great though. How much to get a bowl delivered over to Lanco?

Jim G

And more importantly, what beer?

Last edited:
That sounds really good Bob. Homemade chili is the best and I like it HOT!

Real Chili doesn't have beans :D .

(Slowly slithers away, whistling, as the games begin)....

wsuffa said:

I must be AC/DC -- I make it both ways :)

I like to make a beanless pork chili as well :yes:

Besides, the beans are beneficial -- Adam Z is wondering whether I'll eat some of it for breakfast on Sunday, and thinking how small the cockpit of an Archer II is. He won't know for sure until we're airborne B)

RotaryWingBob said:
-- Adam Z is wondering whether I'll eat some of it for breakfast on Sunday, and thinking how small the cockpit of an Archer II is. He won't know for sure until we're airborne B)

Ut Oh an Archer with JATO.:eek: :rofl: :rofl:

RotaryWingBob said:
Soaked the pinto, navy, and kidney beans yesterday, and braised the cubes of beef chuck roast for about an hour. Picked the last of the jalapeno and Thai peppers from the garden, added them and the beans, and cooked for a while. Let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

This morning added cilentro, cumin, onions, tomatos, and green peppers. Cook for a while. Late this afternoon, adjust the seasonings, maybe add some more hot pepper.

Serve tonight with corn muffins and cold beer (no Fritos, though :) )

Life doesn't get any better than that :cheers:

You bring the chili, I'll bring the pork, brisket, and sausage, and we'll have Zucker bring the Yuengling...

Cheers,

-Andrew

wsuffa said:

That confused me at first. Then I saw "Texas" by your name....

:)

Real chili is green and has seeds!

Ahhh... I feel better now.

Chili and a Stone Arragant Bastard ale (it's ok Anthony, my wife had a Hop Devil). Now to hit the outdoor hot tub, and tomorrow, to fly the helo and maybe the Cherokee too...

Back