Thought you'd all be interested to know...

Jason Oliver

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
baaaark
Just thought you'd all be interested to know that a DC-3 (yes, a DC-3), just took off of 3M0. It was quite the exciting moment seeing it barely clear the trees at the end of the resort.

I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this fun info with you guys. I hope you all have been having fun (shouldn't be hard with OshKosh going on), and are flying safely.

Jason :)

Just thought you'd all be interested to know that a DC-3 (yes, a DC-3), just took off of 3M0. It was quite the exciting moment seeing it barely clear the trees at the end of the resort.

I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this fun info with you guys. I hope you all have been having fun (shouldn't be hard with OshKosh going on), and are flying safely.

Jason :)
Good hearing from you again, Jason, but...:needpics:

Ha exactly what I was going to Say Grant. Jason you really ALWAYS need to have a camera ready :yes:

Ha exactly what I was going to Say Grant. Jason you really ALWAYS need to have a camera ready :yes:

I'll see what I can do. My camera is too cumbersome to carry around with me, and I didn't know it was going to be here till I got here. But other people (including Jim) took some shots so I'll see what I can get.

He backed it up into the drive all the way over by the tennis courts to get enough length. It was neat.

He backed it up into the drive all the way over by the tennis courts to get enough length. It was neat.

I kind of thought about doing that when I left Gaston's in the 195. Turned out not to be much of an issue without much weight.

I kind of thought about doing that when I left Gaston's in the 195. Turned out not to be much of an issue without much weight.

How about in a fully-laden Cherokee? ;)

---

Jason-

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear from you!

No videos, but Jim is downloading the photographs sometime in the next few days, and I asked him to get me some 800x600 shots of her.

I wish you all were here to see it. It was a hold-your-breath experience. :)

I'm willing to bet he didn't go as far down the river as we had to in the P-Baron with Larry O. and Jason aboard before he climbed <g>.

Best,

Dave

I'm willing to bet he didn't go as far down the river as we had to in the P-Baron with Larry O. and Jason aboard before he climbed <g>.

Best,

Dave
Speaking of Larry, I ran into him at OSH. He was camped a few rows up. Are you going to the Bonanza fly-in at Gaston's in September?

Yeah I ran into Larry in line to get my wristbands on Thursday. Did he bring some of that special Natty Light ballast to share with the rest of the B2OSH crew?

I'll have to get an update on when the Bonanza fly in is. I'm headed to ABS in Lexington in late September. Can't do both. But, I may be able to head up for the day or something.

Best,

Dave

No videos, but Jim is downloading the photographs sometime in the next few days, and I asked him to get me some 800x600 shots of her.

I wish you all were here to see it. It was a hold-your-breath experience. :)

That sounds like the video I got of Michaels take off a few years back at Gastons. Hey by the way what ever happened to Michael? I liked that guy, and wonder what became of him. I think he was from out in Az. and flew a Mooney. Bob

That sounds like the video I got of Michaels take off a few years back at Gastons. Hey by the way what ever happened to Michael? I liked that guy, and wonder what became of him. I think he was from out in Az. and flew a Mooney. Bob

He moved from Arizona back east somewhere. Next time you see him online, ask MarkB5900. He knows.

Top it off? :D

marc

Attachments

• aircraft_DC3_800MG_8642.jpg
    aircraft_DC3_800MG_8642.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 36
Not me :(.

It's the DC3 that landed @ Gastons.

marc

Well, I hope you join us in October. :yes:

And speaking of Jason...I wonder if he still works there? Maybe he will have time to go flying with me next month?

Dan Gryder's DC-3. Herpa sponsors it and he gives SIC and PIC type ratings in it. He is living MY dream.

Greg,

I really, really, really hope you get to live your dream :yes:

My contact info to follow :D:D.

marc

Back