Those ramp fee rip off FBOs. Maybe not.

All pilots are rich, donchaknow, and the ones who aren't don't deserve to be in the air. ;)

All pilots are rich, donchaknow, and the ones who aren't don't deserve to be in the air. ;)
This seems to be the mindset at many GA FBO's (airports?) in the lower 48. I really think they would prefer you stay away from "their" airport and ramp if you are not ready to drop $500 or more every time the airplane moves. You absolutely don't see this at in Alaska, everyone is just humping groceries into C206's or hauling basketball teams back and forth for games, or whatever.

This seems to be the mindset at many GA FBO's (airports?) in the lower 48. I really think they would prefer you stay away from "their" airport and ramp if you are not ready to drop $500 or more every time the airplane moves. You absolutely don't see this at in Alaska, everyone is just humping groceries into C206's or hauling basketball teams back and forth for games, or whatever.

Indeed. This is a function of GA being much mote utilitarian in AK. In the flatlands and near metro gravitational fields, classist behavior abounds to a much more pointed degree. It's one of the aspects of the hobby I very much dislike. it's a big Country, so there's still ways of circumventing that dynamic. But near popular destinations it's very difficult not to get confronted as part of the "poor pilot''s club", to quote an example of it.

Back