This will make you proud

I am surprised nobody has even viewed this yet. I thought it was pretty good. Either I picked a stupid title or people are getting tired of my stupid posts. (naw, I am not paranoid, there really are people trying to get me).

I am surprised nobody has even viewed this yet. I thought it was pretty good. Either I picked a stupid title or people are getting tired of my stupid posts. (naw, I am not paranoid, there really are people trying to get me).

That's because I already posted it under " brought to you by the red white and blue."

That's okay, I watched it and was indeed PROUD! Thanks for posting it.

Doc
E-5, US Army
1968 to 1971

That's because I already posted it under " brought to you by the red white and blue."

Oh. Sorry. If I knew you were going to post it today, I would not have posted it yesterday. Still, I thought it was cool enough to post twice.

Oh. Sorry. If I knew you were going to post it today, I would not have posted it yesterday. Still, I thought it was cool enough to post twice.

It was.

"We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American Way?" That was some cool flying and all, but I'm not a big fan of the jingoistic song.

Probably haven't listened to much Country music in the last couple of decades then, I imagine, Kent. ;)

Rap and Country are the only two forms of "mainstream" music willing to say non-PC things. (I enjoy the various ironies of that.)

The alternative is that we get more Katy Perry. (A "Christian rock" performer originally, who apparently decided that shaking her butt with Snoop Dog singing songs about "melting popsicles" pays better.)

Who needs aerobatics or syrup of ipecac when there's PC pop music? ;)

Oops, I said something non-PC about a pop star. I'm going to have to be re-educated by someone holier than thou... ahem... I mean, more PC than I. Heh. Twenty lashes with a wet poodle.

I will atone for my anti-PC pop-star bashing by playing at least one Kelly Clarkson song now. I'm low on my monthly intake of auto-tracked synthesized drums. ;) :D

"We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American Way?" That was some cool flying and all, but I'm not a big fan of the jingoistic song.

I agree.

I don't wanna turn it into a political thing, but patriotic country is so lame. In my experience, the people who listen to that stuff are usually incredibly naive about the Constitution and politics in general.

Probably haven't listened to much Country music in the last couple of decades then, I imagine, Kent. ;)

Rap and Country are the only two forms of "mainstream" music willing to say non-PC things. (I enjoy the various ironies of that.)

The alternative is that we get more Katy Perry. (A "Christian rock" performer originally, who apparently decided that shaking her butt with Snoop Dog singing songs about "melting popsicles" pays better.)

Oops, I said something non-PC about a pop star. I'm going to have to be re-educated by someone holier than thou... ahem... I mean, more PC than I. Heh. Twenty lashes with a wet poodle.

I will atone for my anti-PC pop-star bashing by playing at least one Kelly Clarkson song now. I'm low on my monthly intake of auto-tracked synthesized drums. ;) :D

Katy Perry looks good, sings un-PC things, and can sing/write some damn good songs.

She's no worse than Madonna, musically. Girl power and sexy lyrics, blah blah.

I agree.

I don't wanna turn it into a political thing, but patriotic country is so lame. In my experience, the people who listen to that stuff are usually incredibly naive about the Constitution and politics in general.

+1

I call it Cracker Country. Gimme Willie and the boys anyday. Outlaw rocks. Nashville . . . er, not rocks. :lol:

Heh heh. The quote, "We got two kinds of music here, Country AND Western!", comes to mind. ;)

Heh heh. The quote, "We got two kinds of music here, Country AND Western!", comes to mind. ;)

Not to be too anal, but the quote actually goes: "Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western." :wink2:

Jingoism means threatening force to safeguard a nation's interests. This song isn't jingoism, but you wouldn't know that since you're just parroting what you've read on the internet. The song was written in response to the attacks of September 11 so Toby Keith was merely informing those responsible of what was coming their way.

Jingoism means threatening force to safeguard a nation's interests. This song isn't jingoism, but you wouldn't know that since you're just parroting what you've read on the internet. The song was written in response to the attacks of September 11 so Toby Keith was merely informing those responsible of what was coming their way.

Funny how they "knew" who'd done it within hours. My BS detector's been twitching ever since.

They hate us for our freedom. :rofl:

Katy Perry looks good, sings un-PC things, and can sing/write some damn good songs.

Hmm, looks to me like she hasn't written a single song by herself on Teenage Dream, but who reads the credits anymore...?

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a263630/full-katy-perry-album-credits-revealed.html

"Team record-label power", more like. :D

Modern pop stars don't write their own stuff mostly -- they're just the front-man for someone else. Usually a whole lot of someone else's.

(Which I don't have a problem with, but I get a kick out of people who think they single-handedly write their own stuff after the first album. Usually not even then.)

"extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy" Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't see any definitions that sugarcoat the term into "safeguarding" anything. Jingoism is an obnoxious jeer with the threat of force. It's the creed of a bully. We're #1!! We're #1 (repeat ad infinitum).

But, hey, I must've read that on the internets. :rolleyes2:

And it only took 10 years! Yipee! I wonder how Toby felt while, instead of booting asses, we were just shining our shoes.

Hmm, looks to me like she hasn't written a single song by herself on Teenage Dream, but who reads the credits anymore...?
The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Miles Davis or John Coltrane didn't write all of their songs alone either.

And when you get to the basis of American music, early 1900's-1940's blues and jazz, none of those people wrote their own songs.

Not to mention the myriad of early rockers, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, who ripped off everything they ever played. You really thought Elvis wrote Hound Dog?

Last edited:

I've been told by a lot of people that most of it isn't really country. ;)

Yeah, I've heard "Osama yo mama" and all of that too... But that particular quote rubbed me the wrong way.

Whereas most other music doesn't get political at all, so it doesn't have to be "PC."

No kidding. :vomit: Most music these days is formulaic, uninspired, gets overplayed on the radio, and generally sucks ass. I tend to only hear about one new song a year that I actually like.

Jingoism means threatening force to safeguard a nation's interests. This song isn't jingoism, but you wouldn't know that since you're just parroting what you've read on the internet.

Uhhhhhh... Parroting what I've read on the Internet? :dunno: I don't even know where to go to read such things on the internet, much less have the time or inclination to find out or do so. I'm not parroting crap. I just don't agree with that line.

BTW, your definition of jingoism isn't quite accurate. See below.

The song was written in response to the attacks of September 11 so Toby Keith was merely informing those responsible of what was coming their way.

And I'm sure they heard that message from Toby Keith loud and clear. I hear they're big fans of his. :rolleyes:

"extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy" Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't see any definitions that sugarcoat the term into "safeguarding" anything. Jingoism is an obnoxious jeer with the threat of force. It's the creed of a bully. We're #1!! We're #1 (repeat ad infinitum).

Yup. USA! USA! USA!

I love this country, but I am also empathetic enough to understand why most of the rest of the world either hates us or scoffs at us. As a whole, we act pretty childish sometimes.

I agree.

Usually. But not always :)

She's no worse than Madonna, musically. Girl power and sexy lyrics, blah blah.

Katy Perry has man hips.

That said, I listen to country and find putting a boot in people's ass the best way to handle all problems.

I also like to give whiskey to my men and beer to my horses.

And I guess I like to play fiddle with the devil sometimes too.

In other words, maybe sometimes lyrics are just lyrics.

Katy Perry has man hips.

That said, I listen to country and find putting a boot in people's ass the best way to handle all problems.

I also like to give whiskey to my men and beer to my horses.

And I guess I like to play fiddle with the devil sometimes too.

In other words, maybe sometimes lyrics are just lyrics.
+1. I've never minded the song, or most country for that reason. If I have to pick a radio station It'll be country. Better then all that other crap where I can't even make out the words.

Like it or not--many Americans had those feelings after 9/11.

The real music video, mostly showing him playing it oversees for the troops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

He does his part to support them...
http://www.usa-patriotism.com/stars/tkeith.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Keith#Political_beliefs

Really a pretty stand up guy.

Last edited:
I posted this in the other thread before it devolved into HOA bashing. I would be far more proud of a youtube movie showing some mullah in the middle of Dearborn preaching his heart out about the evils of the Great Satan, and how bad is America. It would make me very, very proud because I know he is more free to pursue his religion than anywhere else on Earth, and he is free to spout his rhetoric.

America's armies do not make it great. America's traditions of freedom and democracy are what make it great. We may not be perfect, but we have lead the world toward a better way of doing things

I posted this in the other thread before it devolved into HOA bashing. I would be far more proud of a youtube movie showing some mullah in the middle of Dearborn preaching his heart out about the evils of the Great Satan, and how bad is America. It would make me very, very proud because I know he is more free to pursue his religion than anywhere else on Earth, and he is free to spout his rhetoric.

read the oath of elegance that one must make in order to become an citizen..

and are we allowed to advocate the over throw the government? isn't there laws that prevent subversives from doing that?

rights of free speech have limits, you do not have right to try to over throw the government.

America's armies do not make it great. America's traditions of freedom and democracy are what make it great. We may not be perfect, but we have lead the world toward a better way of doing things

What you say is true, but how long would this country stand with out the military?

:rofl: I just found the other thread... Now I get what Jack was saying!

And I said almost the same thing, using the same word, as Michael. :yikes: Does that mean I've been over-educated? ;)

read the oath of allegiance that one must make in order to become an citizen...

post it up and we'll all read it.

and are we allowed to advocate the over throw the government? isn't there laws that prevent subversives from doing that?

anyone can form a political party or run for office, and try and take over the government. Ross Perot comes to mind.

rights of free speech have limits, you do not have right to try to over throw the government.

Actually, you do, so long as you utilize lawful means. You are correct, conspiracy to commit a crime is indeed itself a crime. However, attempting to use peaceful political means to effect change in government is not a crime in America, it is the way we do things, and the greatest source of our strength. Not bombers, or ships, or tanks. Ideals.

Back