This Saturday - 2013 Grass Valley Nevada County Air Fest

wow! really sounds like a good airshow to attend!

I thought so until I realized they are all fly by's and no "shows."

Oh well, I have a cool ride up there (vintage Cessna taildragger) and other things (pilot breakfast in another county on Sunday morning in the plane).

I was going to go to Lompoc but then this opportunity came up and I get to see my Reno Air Races friends from last year.

I would love to go, but I am doing a Pilot n Paws rescue flight on Saturday.

What is the deal on the pancake breakfast in Chico? That sounds possible for Sunday.

I would love to go, but I am doing a Pilot n Paws rescue flight on Saturday.

What is the deal on the pancake breakfast in Chico? That sounds possible for Sunday.

I don't even know if it is in Chico. It might be the Modesto one. I'll have to ask my pilot. I'm kinda just along for the ride.

Looks cool I'll actually be in the bay area later today through the weekend and if If I could actually break free from what I'm out there for ( very high odds against it) I'd consider it.

Looks cool I'll actually be in the bay area later today through the weekend and if If I could actually break free from what I'm out there for ( very high odds against it) I'd consider it.

You're here? Too bad I'm going to be out of town. Did you fly?

I went. What a fun time that was. I got some pretty good pictures of the planes if anyone wants to see

Hello all. As I am new to this, I'll try not to srew it up. I was glad to be a part of our Airfest again this year, and happy to hear that some of you attended. I met Kimberly there along with her friends. I am now an "official" member of this forum due to her. I am no longer "lurking" on the site, Kimberly. :wink2: Thanks for the invite.
I hope to be a useful member.

Dale

Hello all. As I am new to this, I'll try not to srew it up. I was glad to be a part of our Airfest again this year, and happy to hear that some of you attended. I met Kimberly there along with her friends. I am now an "official" member of this forum due to her. I am no longer "lurking" on the site, Kimberly. :wink2: Thanks for the invite.

Dale

Welcome to POA....:cheers::cheers:

WE need pics/.....:yes::yes:

:needpics:

I don't see a way to attach images so how to share?

You need to make a certain number of posts before you can attach pictures. I forget what that number is, though. Somewhere around 5 rings a bell, though.

I don't see a way to attach images so how to share?

When you hit the reply key, the screen will have a top tool bar.. Just to the left of the two arrows on the far right side is icon that says attachment if you hover your curser over it... Follow the prompts....

What did you think of the jet canard? Built by some friends, now owned by a guy in Lincoln.

Dale

Sorry Dale for giving you crap about being a lurker. Were you the nice gentleman I met under the wing of the plane that I flew or were you the nice gentleman on the tarmac / flight line?

What did you think of the jet canard? Built by some friends, now owned by a guy in Lincoln.

I am friends with Frank. We have an inside joke about me not touching his nozzle (the EGT of a nozzle is 600 degrees Celcius).

He told me his wife started pilot training in his Mooney. Such a nice guy, I had beers with him in Lincoln in John's hangar and then he started the jet up. Such noise. He did some fly by stuff at the Air Fest.

Did I mention aviation is a really small world? Twice in the past month I've met "facebook friends" (I accept friend requests from pilots assuming I know them).

I mean - literally - once I had dinner in the South Bay with a CFI and his friend (a Palo Alto CFI). I said, "Hello, I'm Kimberly, are you a pilot too like us?" and he said, "I know you. I'm your friend on Facebook."

Life is weird. Same thing happened at breakfast at Willows. A guy we formation flew with told me he was my friend on FB.

And now Dale is here on POA because of me. (Hi Dale.)

I've been gone from this site so much lately due to all the real world flying I've been doing. I have so many pictures and videos I need to upload.

Back