This is not good...

Looks like it pancaked in too,.... the fence is still standing in those photos/video, and doesn't appear to be marks on the road.....

Mooney? from the shape of wing and tail,....

horrifying to see the covering they have,... God speed to those involved and prayers for the families.

Looks like steel tubing in the wreckage like a mooney.

From the story:

7NEWS reporter Lindsay Watts said the plane was being flown to Broomfield for maintenance.

A witness said he saw the plane as it went down the runway before takeoff and said it "was running horribly." He said soon he didn't see it take flight, but saw the fire after the crash.

Sounds like the pilot took off with a maintenance issue and a bad-running engine? Yikes!

From the story:

7NEWS reporter Lindsay Watts said the plane was being flown to Broomfield for maintenance.

A witness said he saw the plane as it went down the runway before takeoff and said it "was running horribly." He said soon he didn't see it take flight, but saw the fire after the crash.

Sounds like the pilot took off with a maintenance issue and a bad-running engine? Yikes!

If that's the real story, then chalk this one up to 'Pilots are Cheap'.

That almost sounds like the description of that case I heard from a Mooney driver. A mechanic forgot a flashlight and it lodged against an aileron bellcrank. The ailerons became jammed in the left bank. He was able to give sufficient rudder to fly uncoordinated and land only making shallow left turns. But obviously it's a dumb luck.

Keep that in mind next time you fly a plane that spewed oil all over, than decided to fly it again...

Are you saying you have facts about this accident that supports your assumption? If so, perhaps you can share them with the rest of us.

Are you saying you have facts about this accident that supports your assumption? If so, perhaps you can share them with the rest of us.

6PC just recently flew a 172 that spewed oil all over, then topped off the sump and flew back home without a mechanic looking at it. (different thread)
He posted in this thread fire is his worst fear.
My response above is to his post.

6PC just recently flew a 172 that spewed oil all over, then topped off the sump and flew back home without a mechanic looking at it. (different thread)
He posted in this thread fire is his worst fear.
My response above is to his post.

I understand now. Good point.

That almost sounds like the description of that case I heard from a Mooney driver. A mechanic forgot a flashlight and it lodged against an aileron bellcrank. The ailerons became jammed in the left bank. He was able to give sufficient rudder to fly uncoordinated and land only making shallow left turns. But obviously it's a dumb luck.

Assuming the pilot lived, I presume he went direct to the mechanics hangar to beat the snot out of him.

Flight controls free and correct? I assume it got stuck after takeoff. That's scary.

Back