This Amelia Earhart is a lot cuter

Is this the same person who "flew" around the world in a PC12, and by flew I mean had a hightime pilot do everything but pose for the pictures?

Also taking a PC12/47 around the globe is quite a bit difference compared to what her name sake did.

Yes.

We really should stop picking on her and switch to Gulfstream (cough...) Global Girl.

We could probably get David White out of lurking for that one! LOL.

(No really. I'm kidding. Don't. Go. There. Just don't. Even I'm creeped out by that one. Go Google and keep it far far away from PoA.)

In the end I'm much more impressed by the women here on PoA than our local TV personality. I'd much rather go see Mari fly her jet than bother with the non-PIC variety of aviatrix.

What'd be really cool is if the local personality would post up some PIC adventures solo. Some stories of 200 and a half in a Cirrus or whatever. That'd be something to point to as a role model for more women pilots.

Until then, I'll just point 'em to Mari. And Lynda Meeks. And someone who's not here anymore. And numerous other ladies here. And Sarah Rovner (Who's story of getting out of IT and joining an airline recently mimics the much loved Jonsey thread here), but mostly played out on FB not here, and the list of kick ass aviatrixes (what the hell is the plural of aviatrix?! I'm too lazy to look that one up right now...) goes on and on.

Logging dual in the left seat of a PC-12 is cool, but it doesn't hold a candle to our ladies here. Or much of anywhere really.

That's my take. TV personality with not even a GoPro video of a PIC flight?

Something weird there.

Yes.

We really should stop picking on her and switch to Gulfstream (cough...) Global Girl.

(No really. I'm kidding. Don't. Go. There. Just don't. Even I'm creeped out by that one. Go Google and keep it far far away from PoA.)

In the end I'm much more impressed by the women here on PoA than our local TV personality. I'd much rather go see Mari fly her jet than bother with the non-PIC variety of aviatrix.

What'd be really cool is if the local personality would post up some PIC adventures solo. Some stories of 200 and a half in a Cirrus or whatever. That'd be something to point to as a role model for more women pilots.

Until then, I'll just point 'em to Mari. And Lynda Meeks. And someone who's not here anymore. And numerous other ladies here. And Sarah Rovner (Who's story of getting out of IT and joining an airline recently mimics the much loved Jonsey thread here), but mostly played out on FB not here, and the list of kick ass aviatrixes (what the hell is the plural of aviatrix?! I'm too lazy to look that one up right now...) goes on and on.

Logging dual in the left seat of a PC-12 is cool, but it doesn't hold a candle to our ladies here. Or much of anywhere really.

Something weird there.

Sounds bout right to me.

Yes.

Something weird there.
Nice of you to say some of those things, but I have always thought of myself as an example of what not to do with your career. Sure, I'm a pilot, and I fly a jet, but I have a lot of inertia regarding jobs, and could have gone further had I been more ambitious. I could have also been a lot better at promotion, both of myself and aviation in general. But that is not me. So when I see someone who's good at it, I can appreciate it.

Attachments

• AE2.jpg
    AE2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 163
If I had some inflatable titties and knowledge of the use of makeup maybe I could fly around the world for free in a Pilatus too.

Yes.

I don't know that it's picking on someone to comment about her looks when she posts glamour shots online. And a few childish comments aren't a big deal as long as it doesn't morph to bullying someone.

We agree about some of the female pilots on this forum. Over the years several have joined and then drifted away, probably because they lost interest. There are so many threads that I never see so I've missed a lot, but I've never seen a female pilot or aviation enthusiast bulled here. Sure, a few comments about being female, but nothing that a woman would not encounter on any other forum.

Aviation is an area where most participants are male. I'm guessing it's genetics - I really don't know. I've had a lot of people ask me about flying in the sense that they'd like to learn. None have been women. To be fair, only two of the men ever started lessons and neither of them went as far as to solo.

We're probably not as welcoming to female pilots as we could be. But I certainly don't see us bullying them from this site. For the most part I think it's just good-natured banter.

Don't know her personally but she did reply politely to a question I asked her on Twitter. She also has brought aviation some positive attention that's sorely needed. I say give her a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

There are so many threads that I never see so I've missed a lot, but I've never seen a female pilot or aviation enthusiast bulled here.

Holy sh*t!

A new candidate for funniest post of the century!

It sure seems like a lot of guys here are. Maybe they're just ugly.

Mari was responding to me. Actually I am not at all resentful. I have lost nothing as a result of Ms Earhardt, and I am perfectly fine with what she is doing. She has done no harm to aviation.

Self promotion is part of her career and she has found a pleasant and harmless way of doing it. Good for her.

Mari was responding to me. Actually I am not at all resentful. I have lost nothing as a result of Ms Earhardt, and I am perfectly fine with what she is doing. She has done no harm to aviation.

Self promotion is part of her career and she has found a pleasant and harmless way of doing it. Good for her.
I might have quoted you but my comments were directed to the many who posted before you, and not you in particular. I was actually agreeing with you.

Yes.

Something weird there.

I would guess she's saving the photos and such for the book.

I'm betting that around here, Mari & I are the only ones who've met AE in person...Mari, because AE was a member of the Colorado 99s while attending CU Boulder, and me because our EAA chapter works with the museum (Wings over the Rockies) for the school/camp program and flys the kids as part of Young Eagles.

While AE was working for Wings, her parents were in visiting from LA and she brought her parents along. I tried to get her a flight in one of the RV6/RV9 (acro, of course!) but we had 60 kids and were swamped. Not a media event so she's wearing very little makeup, jeans & tshirt. Works well with the kids, etc.

I would guess she's saving the photos and such for the book.

I'm betting that around here, Mari & I are the only ones who've met AE in person...Mari, because AE was a member of the Colorado 99s while attending CU Boulder, and me because our EAA chapter works with the museum (Wings over the Rockies) for the school/camp program and flys the kids as part of Young Eagles.

While AE was working for Wings, her parents were in visiting from LA and she brought her parents along. I tried to get her a flight in one of the RV6/RV9 (acro, of course!) but we had 60 kids and were swamped. Not a media event so she's wearing very little makeup, jeans & tshirt. Works well with the kids, etc.
Actually I've never met her, or even seen her on TV. I'm pretty bad about attending 99s meetings, especially since they are usually at KBJC.

I

I'm betting that around here, Mari & I are the only ones who've met AE in person...

You and I both know someone who isn't active on PoA who was in her IFR ground school classes (that she rarely showed up for - which is neither here nor there, but she didn't).

Holy sh*t!

A new candidate for funniest post of the century!

You're forgetting one of the most important laws of the Internet: it doesn't matter what you post on an Internet forum; you could say the sky is blue and inevitably someone will eventually come along and claim otherwise.

You're forgetting one of the most important laws of the Internet: it doesn't matter what you post on an Internet forum; you could say the sky is blue and inevitably someone will eventually come along and claim otherwise.

The sky is not blue. It's merely how the human eye observes the sun's radiation spectrum as refracted thru the atmosphere.

So there. Are you happy now?

[It's so rare I get to indulge like this]

The sky is not blue. It's merely how the human eye observes the sun's radiation spectrum as refracted thru the atmosphere.

Yes, I feel thoroughly validated now!

If we go that route, then nothing truly has color.

I like these physics comments better than the sordid misogynistic posts upthread.

I've never met her but I know people who have and word on the street is, she's beautiful, talented, wealthy, and knows it. I say good for her for being able to combine those and profit on them but hindsight2020 had it spot on in #46.

That does not prove that the sky is not blue; it explains WHY the sky is blue!

By the way, my understanding is that the blue color we see is due to scattering, not refraction.

That does not prove that the sky is not blue; it explains WHY the sky is blue!

By the way, my understanding is that the blue color we see is due to scattering, not refraction.

I had a science teacher tell me (not my science teacher - I was an adult at the time) that the reason the sky was blue is because of the reflection off the oceans. I poured a glass of water and set it on the table, and asked why it wasn't blue.

I then had to explain to the science teacher why the sky is blue.

As to why - Rayleigh scattering. Which is a little bit of refraction, absorbtion and scattering.

from the article:
" left 9News in spring 2014 to pursue her goal of flying around the world in a single engine aircraft. "

I wonder if she made the trip?

The public doesn't really know the difference between a PC12 and a 182. They all hear "single engine" and think she's cheating death or something.

Seriously though, how many more hours would it have taken to just get signed off in the PC12 so she could do it solo?

The public doesn't really know the difference between a PC12 and a 182. They all hear "single engine" and think she's cheating death or something.

Seriously though, how many more hours would it have taken to just get signed off in the PC12 so she could do it solo?

I wonder if she had enough experience to be able to get insurance to do it solo.

No they wouldn't!

I've never met her but I know people who have and word on the street is, she's beautiful, talented, wealthy, and knows it. I say good for her for being able to combine those and profit on them but hindsight2020 had it spot on in #46.

And there's nothing wrong with any of those!

...so long as I can have her to myself ;)

Didn't the original Amelia have an experienced male pilot with her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back