Third class medical with complicated past

A

Anonymous

Hello, I recently got into a school with an aviation program and am concerned with receiving my medical. I have a history of substance abuse, ages 20-26, attended a long term treatment in 2015 for 15 months, and was completely abstinent for 2.5 years. I just recently got a citation for possession of marijuana, my first criminal offense of any kind. Only an occasional user, only used one other time about four months ago. Is there any hope of me ever flying? I have since committed to complete abstinence and would have no problem taking drug tests or any other evaluations for an extended period to prove it. Thank you for your time and advice.

You’ll need to consult with an experienced flight surgeon that deals in cases like yours.

Thank you for your prompt, objective reply. Any recommendations on who to consult?
Again, thank you for your time.

Thank you, I just submitted my info on the how to start page, i did not receive any verification that my info was actually submitted though, it was as if the page would not load after i pressed submit.

Thank you, I just submitted my info on the how to start page, i did not receive any verification that my info was actually submitted though, it was as if the page would not load after i pressed submit.
Dr. Bruce is good at answering his emails through his site. But patience is advised as he is very much in demand.

Also, be honest, humble, and listen to him. Folks that argue with him, or think their google search is more worthwhile than the advice/direction he provides will be booted off of the island faster than Anne Robinson says, "You are the weakest link, Goodbye!"

Finally, read this post: https://tinyurl.com/ame-consult

That behavior is browser dependent I believe. I saw the same with Safari and then used Firefox instead. Then the page changed to acknowledge. So I would try a different browser if you don’t see the page change to contain an acknowledgement.

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far, your input is sincerely appreciated. Im just trying to clear up my wreckage, thanks for keeping it objective.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back