Thinking of selling my 396. Need advice.

iflyatiger

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyatiger
Hello everyone..

A quick informal survey.

I just received a brand new still unopened 396 from Garmin to replace my defective unit. I was thinking that now might be a good time to sell the 396 and buy a 496.

New 396 sells for $2195 without the auto kit.
Auto kit sells for $199 ( my auto kit is opened)

Would anyone pay say $2195 for my new 396 with the auto kit included
That is about a $200 savings from the retail market place.

Is this to much to hope for ?

Obviously I am trying to figure out if I can afford the upgrade after I sell the 396. Or I will just be still very happy with the 396.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jon

Hate to say it buy you can buy a 396 refurib "New in the box" for $1850.00

You can try Ebay, I just don't know if you will get it but give it a shot since it is new in the box.

I thought the auto kit was being included with new 396s now for the $2195 price.

Thanks for the answers so far...

Lance, Good point you bring up, but I justed searched the web and although must listings for the 396 mention the automotive mount I dont think that includes the memory card, street map cd and the car adapter with speaker (parts that make up the auto navigation kit).

I thought the auto kit was being included with new 396s now for the $2195 price.

Thanks for the answers so far...

Lance, Good point you bring up, but I justed searched the web and although must listings for the 396 mention the automotive mount I dont think that includes the memory card, street map cd and the car adapter with speaker (parts that make up the auto navigation kit).

I looked around the internet and have come to the same conclusion.

I'd suggest a shot at eBay. But, make sure you use a reserve price so you don't get stuck in in a sale in case bids come low.

If it clearly shows as a new unit then the odds are with you for selling at a better price even though refurbished would be as good. Egos tend to runaway on eBay and many items sell for more than one would expect.

It's worth a small fee to find out.

Back