Thinking about a Military 5-ton Truck

Earlier in this thread Ted mentioned that he doesn't see very many of these trucks on the auctions. I live about 150 miles west of Ted in the middle of Kansas and not too far away from Fort Riley. There are many of these trucks in my area that have been adapted to farm use. A local repair shop owner used to buy many of them to modify and resell. Some time back he told me that they are no longer selling them because they do not meet emission standards. They are now crushing them and selling them for scrap.

Earlier in this thread Ted mentioned that he doesn't see very many of these trucks on the auctions. I live about 150 miles west of Ted in the middle of Kansas and not too far away from Fort Riley. There are many of these trucks in my area that have been adapted to farm use. A local repair shop owner used to buy many of them to modify and resell. Some time back he told me that they are no longer selling them because they do not meet emission standards. They are now crushing them and selling them for scrap.

It hurts to read that.

OK, maybe I'm the only one, but every time I see this thread title I think of this song:

Back