Things to do?

PicklesWartooth

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PicklesWartooth
I've recently come to Atlanta from living overseas. Never been to USA before, but thankfully i'm not alone. My friend is wanting to become a pilot, and I am following in my fathers footsteps and becoming an aircraft mechanic/engineer. I am living in Atlanta, Georgia until my Dachshund gets imported successfully to Atlanta, then who knows where we will go.

Just wondering what things there are to do here and are worth checking out or doing? Not fans of zoo's or aquariums however.

Thanks in advance!

Well, what do you like to do? There are a huge number of clubs and bars in the Buckhead area, if you're into that. If you like hiking or fishing, there's quite a bit of that in the North Georgia mountains.

Just wondering what things there are to do here and are worth checking out or doing? Not fans of zoo's or aquariums however.
That's a shame since the Georgia Aquarium is one of the best and largest in the world.

The view from atop Stone Mountain is really cool. It is a pretty hefty hike/climb to the top but they do have a lift if you are not into hiking up there. If you are into history, there is a Civil War battleground park in Kenneesaw to the northwest of Atlanta. If you like amusement parks, "Six Flags" is on the west side of Atlanta.

That's a shame since the Georgia Aquarium is one of the best and largest in the world.

I second the Aquarium. I went to a VIP party there and it was amazing. I'd at least take a peak! It might change your opinion on aquariums, or at least that one!

If you like soft drinks the Coca Cola museum is next door. Quite an interesting experience. They have a tasting room where you can taste all their 150+ products.

Georgia?

See if you can go on a gator hunt in October when the season starts, nothing like some good gator tail.

...and I am following in my fathers footsteps and becoming an aircraft mechanic/engineer. I am living in Atlanta, Georgia until my Dachshund gets imported successfully to Atlanta, then who knows where we will go.

Just wondering what things there are to do here and are worth checking out or doing?

Something worth doing in Atlanta? For an aspiring engineer?!

My friend, you could not be in a better place. Go enroll at Georgia Tech and earn your engineering degree. Make top grades and the world will be yours. GT proudly boasts that 1 in 6 graduates is a millionaire. Earn a Tech degree with a high GPA and you'll never regret it.

(Spoken as a proud alum, class of '84.)

While enrolled, there are a few things to do in the area:
- Visit Stone Mtn.
- Drive up to N GA and hike the Appalachin Trail.
- Go see a race at Road Atlanta.
- Visit Savannah one weekend; lots of history there.[/QUOTE]

You,are not too far from Taledega Speed way if you are still around in the fall. NASCAR is a religion in the south.

Round these parts, the Razorbacks are King. Doesn't matter how bad they kick our fannys, they are still the best.

FWIW.... I don't follow football at all. Supercross, well, let's talk.

Round these parts, the Razorbacks are King. Doesn't matter how bad they kick our fannys, they are still the best.

FWIW.... I don't follow football at all. Supercross, well, let's talk.

I've been in Italy and had someone call the Hogs when we were out to eat. It's kinda surprising when it happens.

Back