Things I saw today [NA]

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Driving around Nebraska today, we saw the critters in the attached photos. Bison are very stately- it must have been an incredible sight when thousands of them were on the move.

Attachments

• DSCN0353.JPG
    DSCN0353.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0363.JPG
    DSCN0363.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0374.JPG
    DSCN0374.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0381.JPG
    DSCN0381.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Driving around Nebraska today, we saw the critters in the attached photos. Bison are very stately- it must have been an incredible sight when thousands of them were on the move.

I see creatures all the time .. especially deer .. when they run out in
front of my car or bike.

Magnificent photos, Cap'n Jack! I enjoyed them very much. Just beautiful!

I saw deer also, but didn't post those pictures. When I lived in New Jersey, deer were like vermin- all over the place. When I lived there I'd see deer more than every other day.

That is a great picture of the Sandhill Crane. I love cranes a lot!!! I have managed now to see every species of crane and they are all magnificent!! I get Sandhills across the street from my house and I love hearing them honk in the mornings when I head out to work.

nice bull elk ... where was that picture taken?

That is a great picture of the Sandhill Crane. I love cranes a lot!!! I have managed now to see every species of crane and they are all magnificent!! I get Sandhills across the street from my house and I love hearing them honk in the mornings when I head out to work.

I was wondering what kind of bird that was. I suspected sandhill, but I've never seen one before.

nice bull elk ... where was that picture taken?

Just south of Ashland, Nebraska. They have some kind of preserve where they let the critters run around.

I watched a special on TV yesterday, and they said that Nebraska has a higher population of cattle than people. That surprised me a little.
Nice pics!
Izzy

Back