They're filming a movie...

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
... in my front yard. Well a web episode of something anyway.

It's a graveyard scene and the director is one of my co-worker's kids. To be honest, I don't even know what show it is. But it's been fun talking to them a little bit and showing them where the restrooms and the grill were located. (We offered up the grill since it's not that easy to cater anything out here.)

The gravestones are styrofoam and the wind always blows here. That's been kinda entertaining. I hunted to see if I had any dowel or large gauge wire I could cut up to help out, that they could stick in the ground, but nothing in the garage really fit the bill.

Something in the cheesy horror drama realm... Once I find out I'll post it... Listening to the dialog is fun. Pretty girl gets mixed up with bad boy teenager and goes grave robbing... Always a good time. ;)

yryzuzah.jpg

yva3e6y4.jpg

I can tell there's some sort of time shift in the storyline too, the main character is a younger redhead girl, and there was an older redhead actress shooting some scenes too... same girl, different decade, I'm'a guesin'. We chatted for a bit when they first got out here and were setting up, and she said the rural setting reminded her of her day's old place where she grew up out in the sticks in West Virginia.

They came over and were looking all worried at one point... "Can we dig some little slits/trenches to put the gravestones down in a little and see if that helps?"

Think they were surprised when I started handing them shovels and a pic axe. "It's just prairie grass... It'll grow back." :)

I probably do more damage over there with the tractor half the time anyway, when I get the mower deck height wrong.

Their head tech guy seems on the ball. He needed some power from the house but showed up with gensets, etc. Nice quiet Honda ones. "Nah.... Just plug that stuff into the garage. The power bill won't scare me." And yeah, I know those lights are sucking down some watt-hours. No biggie.

Just kinda fun to have the ability to help out.

Neighbors knew they were coming but I wonder what they think of the whole tree and back area there being lit up at night? It's usually really dark out here.

They say they'll be done at midnight. No biggie.

Back