The "Shark" Twin Otter Crashed in Perris Valley

I just read the updated article this morning and they mentioned that. Also, said the plane hit the fuel truck to.

Statement from Skydive Perris (plane owner) today on Facebook: "On Wednesday, one of the fondly nicknamed planes in our fleet, Super Blue / Blue Shark was landing from a routine flight after dropping all the jumpers. Just prior to landing the pilot experienced a severe wind shear which created an unrecoverable situation."

Super Blue getting paint after repairs: https://imgur.com/a/KXNf7uU
KXNf7uU
KXNf7uU

After smashing into the fuel tanker and spinning, the plane came to rest a mere 100 yards from a large building. “If it (had gone) any further it would have collided into that building, potentially injuring many people,” said Felman.

So.....the plane came to rest a mere 100 yards away..... if it had gone 1 inch further it may have hit the building....

I think this was just a fabrication to sensationalize the accident.

Is it just me or has Perris Valley seen more accidents than the average drop zone in recent years?

Considering they have the most aircraft and most volume of jumps, and its ever increasing, statistically they should be having more accidents. How many other DZ are flying 3 otters, 4-5 skyvans and a DC9? The question is are they having more accidents per x amount of jumps compared to other DZ's is the question.

Back