The report is out

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I have not read it yet, but it's an incident ! :)

You mean like a letter from the Regional Counsel in addition to the NTSB report?

The report went to the operations side of the FSDO toady.

Waiting to hear.

Good Morning Tom:
I have completed my paperwork and forwarded it to Operations. One of the Operations Inspector from this office will be contacting you shortly. This office has determined that the damage is not substantial therefore we are not going to classify it as an accident.

Regards,
------ -------
SEAFSDO
(425) --- ----

You mean like a letter from the Regional Counsel in addition to the NTSB report?

It is not mandatory that a letter be sent, or what the letter must say, So we wait.

It is not mandatory that a letter be sent, or what the letter must say, So we wait.
I don't know if this is exactly the same situation and it happened years ago, but I had a mechanical malfunction which resulted in a (nose) gear-up landing. I spoke to the FAA but not the NTSB and I never received any further documentation. All they said was, "We see this a lot" and that was the end of it.

The report went to the operations side of the FSDO toady.

Waiting to hear.

Good Morning Tom:
I have completed my paperwork and forwarded it to Operations. One of the Operations Inspector from this office will be contacting you shortly. This office has determined that the damage is not substantial therefore we are not going to classify it as an accident.

Regards,
------ -------
SEAFSDO
(425) --- ----
Sounds like the Airworthiness folks sent that one. It ain't over 'til Ops says it's over. Hope you don't have to do a ride with them, although most everyone who's done this said it was a good experience.

I don't know if this is exactly the same situation and it happened years ago, but I had a mechanical malfunction which resulted in a (nose) gear-up landing. I spoke to the FAA but not the NTSB and I never received any further documentation. All they said was, "We see this a lot" and that was the end of it.

That's what we are hoping for, so we wait.

The young man that came up from the operations side of FSDO only had one suggestion, that I get a new PPL card, mine is pretty shabby looking. He could not see the signature but allowed me to clean it and re-sign it in front of him, then took a photo of it.

we talked about how this happened, and I asked him if he was a pilot, he was, and I asked him if he thought he could have saved the landing, he said no, once it started around and I had no flying speed, I was there for the ride.

Things they were looking at were the maintenance records of the fairchild, mostly the 337s and the equipment installed by those.

the weight and balance records, which we had done after the restoration. My PMI had helped with that on one of the 337s, so that was prefect, and in the aircraft while flying, after they saw the FAA had been involved with the restoration they quit looking.

So, after the record checks and the formalities were done they started to look at damage and found there was no primary structure involved, took a bunch of pictures and said they were done and left.

Sounds like the Airworthiness folks sent that one. It ain't over 'til Ops says it's over. Hope you don't have to do a ride with them, although most everyone who's done this said it was a good experience.

True,,,,,,,, so we wait.

I have no problem taking the ride it probably will be a good thing to get some landings in.

but if I ever get to fly the 24 again, I will get another F-24 owner to set right seat for a few landings.

Last edited:
Inordinate amount of 210's there...
Money is tight, maintenance takes a lower priority.

or

they got cheap, and the new owners on a shoe string budget, do not understand the need to be pro-active on their maintenance.

they got cheap, and the new owners on a shoe string budget, do not understand the need to be pro-active on their maintenance.

This is why my entry into aircraft ownership dropped from 70K, to 30K.

The last thing I want to buy, is something I can't afford to own.

Back