The Red Cross has banned Christmas

The BRITISH Red Cross did this and by doing so they demonstrated the idiocy of their management. This is not the first dumb thing the British Red Cross has done of late either.

I like this quote:
Labour peer Lord Ahmed, one of the country's most prominent Moslem politicians, said: 'It is stupid to think Moslems would be offended.
'The Moslem community has been talking to Christians for the past 1,400 years. The teachings from Islam are that you should respect other faiths.'
He added: 'In my business all my staff celebrate Christmas and I celebrate with them. It is absolutely not the case that Christmas could damage the Red Cross reputation for neutrality - I think their people have gone a little bit over the top.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-152361/The-Red-Cross-bans-Christmas.html#ixzz18PLm8tx3

Years ago I spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in a Muslim country, Brunei. No one cared, in fact the local Muslim population would have visits with Santa. I think the only people that would get offended will just find something else to get offended about. The nut cases always will find some reason to fly off the handle.

Last edited:
Someone needs to read their Koran. Jesus is a major prophet and many Muslims elect to celebrate Christmas.

Britain is gone. As Dr. Bruce says.......Sigh.......

The BRITISH Red Cross did this and by doing so they demonstrated the idiocy of their management. This is not the first dumb thing the British Red Cross has done of late either.

I like this quote:

Years ago I spend Thanksgiving and Christmas in a Muslim country, Brunei. No one cared, in fact the local Muslim population would have visits with Santa. I think the only people that would get offended will just find something else to get offended about. The nut cases always will find some reason to fly off the handle.
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Scott...

Brunei's tolerance is an oddity in the Muslim world....

Try to celebrate Christmas in Kuwait, Libya, Algeria or Iran....the religious police will arrest you in no time...

Scott...

Brunei's tolerance is an oddity in the Muslim world....

Try to celebrate Christmas in Kuwait, Libya, Algeria or Iran....the religious police will arrest you in no time...
Brunei's tolerance is less than other Mulsim nations in that area area. It is part of Asia. Malaysia is also very tolerant. What I have found is the Muslims that are not in the middle east tend to be much more reasonable.

WTF does Santa clause have to do with Christians? For that matter what does Christmas have to do with Christianity :rolleyes:

WTF does Santa clause have to do with Christians? For that matter what does Christmas have to do with Christianity :rolleyes:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 129079605460455150.jpg
    129079605460455150.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 177
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I spent a couple years in Izmir, Turkey working for NATO during my
Army years. My experience was the same. We all respected each others'
different beliefs. Shop windows had Christmas decorations and "Merry
Christmas" signs. The Turkish Muslims I worked with and interacted with
were some of the nicest people I've ever met.

RT

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence and energy of her citizens cannot cure. Dwight D. Eisenhower
34th president of US 1953-1961 (1890 - 1969 Ike was raised by parents who were "Rutherford";s, Later they called the religion the "Jehovah's Witnesses" They do not celebrate the pagan Christmas. Odd you would quote a man who was raised that Jesus is not devine and Christmas is not Christian. Dave

$11 Million Christmas Tree in Abu Dhabi, UAE!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/19/abu-dhabi-hotel-christmas-tree_n_798757.html

The hotel also claimed the tree was not a stunt, but rather an effort to boost the holiday mood for its guests based on the United Arab Emirates' "values of openness and tolerance."

Although officially Muslim, the UAE features many signs of Christmas for its huge foreign population. Lights, carolers and Santas are fixtures in nearly every mall.

I guess they are keeping Chri$t in Chri$tmas ;)

Be grateful you are free to chose how to celebrate the birth of Christ.

If you don't like Santa, then I'll bet he knows and won't bother you.

It has been my experience that one person can screw things up for the majority far more often than in years past.

One snot-nosed punk breaks the mirror on the boys bathroom and every boy is barred from the bathroom.

One gay guy gets mad because some brainless idiot called him a name and suddenly the school district is spending millions in sensitivity training.

One atheist complains that some awful person said, "Merry Christmas" at the mall and suddenly caroling is canceled.

One kid cries because his team lost 52-7 and suddenly school sports are not allowed to keep score.

Sometimes I think what is really happening is there are vultures just lurking, waiting to jump up and try to make a buck off of every whiny-*** that gets a hair up their butt, or has someone look at them with both eyes at the same time.

Last edited:
It has been my experience that one person can screw things up for the majority far more often than in years past.

One snot-nosed punk breaks the mirror on the boys bathorrom and every boy is barred from the bathroom.

One gay guy gets mad because some brainless idiot called her a name and suddenly the school district is spending millions in sensitivity training.

One atheist complains that some awful person said, "Merry Christmas" at the mall and suddenly caroling is canceled.

One kid cries because his team lost 52-7 and suddenly school sports are not allowed to keep score.

Sometimes I think what is really happening is there are vultures just lurking, waiting to jump up and try to make a buck off of every whiny-*** that gets a hair up their butt, or has someone look at them with both eyes at the same time.

Another casualty of our infatuation with "zero-tolerance."

-Rich

I spent a couple years in Izmir, Turkey working for NATO during my Army years. My experience was the same. We all respected each others' different beliefs. Shop windows had Christmas decorations and "Merry Christmas" signs. The Turkish Muslims I worked with and interacted with were some of the nicest people I've ever met.

RT

I wouldn't read too much into the Christmas decorations, Roger. I've found that merchants of all faiths -- or no faith at all -- are more than happy to accept the money of Christmas shoppers.

-Rich

Why is this in Hangar Talk?????

Back