The Red Board"

charlie

Pre-takeoff checklist
zephyrhills FL and harbour island Bahamas
Display Name

Display name:
Charlie
Help? One of my computers has a shortcut to the red board. The other two lost it. I go onto AOPA and click in the lower right to join the forums and it just runs me back to the same page again.Any thoughts? Charlie Melot

The red board has some weird cookie issues. Try clearing your cookies and reloging into the members section of the AOPA site and then the forum sections.

I've also had cases where I have to log in to aopa.org (the main site) before I can log in to the forums.

I've also had cases where I have to log in to aopa.org (the main site) before I can log in to the forums.
You have to do that I think. They did some goofy hack that makes Vbulletin look for your AOPA cookie before allowing you in. A terrible job at integrating a fairly simple thing.

It happens from time to time.

You need to log out from the main site, then log back in, navigate to the board (Membership Services tab, then Member Benefits, then tiny little "Aviation Forums" link on the left, then log into the forums again.

The linkage between logging into AOPA and logging into AOPA's forums is, ummm, creaky.

If you don't log out from AOPA itself, you'll just loop all day.

I log onto the main site then try but can't get on the forum. Clicking on the foum runs me back to the main site????

Yeah. If you zen out and stare you'll see a page telling you to log in to members.aopa.org for 50 milliseconds before it redirects you to the wrong (public) page.

Click on Members, log in, then your old link will work.

The last time I tried from a new browser I decided it wasn't worth it.

Back