The perfect (losing) storm

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
I'm a college football fan and only a minor pro football fan. This weekend was the pits. Gators: Lost. Badgers: Lost. Hurricanes: Lost. Packers: Lost. Bengals: Lost. All 5 teams in one weekend. Jeez.

At least you can use your Lance to run from your bookie. B)

James Dean

Hey but on the upside the Cubs got swept in 3....

The rest of the weekend sucked though

Pete

I'm a college football fan and only a minor pro football fan. This weekend was the pits. Gators: Lost. Badgers: Lost. Hurricanes: Lost. Packers: Lost. Bengals: Lost. All 5 teams in one weekend. Jeez.

Da Bears: Won :D

At least you're not from Chicago. We're trying to make it a perfect 100 years.

I'm getting desperately tired of thinking about "next year". The older I get, the more it seems to hurt... which doesn't seem right. :(

I'm getting desperately tired of thinking about "next year". The older I get, the more it seems to hurt... which doesn't seem right. :(

For Cubs fans, losing is no longer lovable

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xBxZGQ1dJk

I have a Cubs cap that I caught when Steve tossed it into the crowd at Chicagofest at Soldier Field. He signed it for me. Wonder what I could get for it on eBay.

Last edited:
Steve Goodman is resting comfortably in his grave. Sigh.

I gave up on the Sox when Wilbur Wood dropped two to KC. Anyone remember that season? '68. Four way tie with Detroit, Boston, Chicago and KC. And the White Sox had won one more game than any of the other three.

OK, but did I pick the wrong game to turn off last night, or what?

Dallas scores a Touchdown and a field goal (two, actually) in the final 20 seconds of the game?

I had given up.

Back