The PERFECT day for flying . . .

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
everyone coming into the club, talking about how smooth as silk the air was - just great, they said!! :D

After scrubbing flights monday tuesday and wednesday, and only flying once last week, I was ready to go out to the plane and . . .

find that someone had left the master switch on and the battery was dead as a doornail. They didn't want us to jump it with the aux power plug, so that was pretty much that. dang.

What gets me is not the guy/gal that left the master on - heck, we all make mistakes . . . but rather the fact that it looks like someone came out to fly the plane after that (filled in the date, time, hobbs reading) then erased it all and didn't fly. I wonder if they passed on the plane because the battery was dead, but didn't tell anyone. Or if they are the one that left it on, or if they never even got to the plane before changing their mind. Dunno. Doesn't matter, though - either way, I'm sitting here instead of flying.

What, four flights in the last 5 weeks?? Sheesh.

Etisk,
I feel your pain, I've been scrubbing flights left and right, and recently, I've been cancelling the flying part of my practical so much, I'm sure if my examiner is reading this board he knows who I am!

Today I was supposed to go up, but the winds were too much for the school to let me solo and there aren't any instructors around...gosh.

I'm just looking foward to a long string of nice summer days, an empty rural airport down in MD and long evenings filled with sunset flying.

We'll fly again sometime....
hopefully.

Not so smooth here, Tom. I took the R22 up and gave it up after 1/2 hour because of turbulence (it's just a little tiny helo, after all).

You might suggest they use a trick that I learned from one of my helicopter partners and now use in all aircraft: leave the anti-collision light switched on all the time. If you forget the master, you're not going to miss that red strobe when you glance at the a/c! It also serves to give people around a head up when you turn on the master to start the engine.

the anti-collision light idea sounds pretty good to me, Bob - I'll pass it along to the powers-what-be. Thanks! (don't tell me you were getting beaten in that egg-beater??? :D)

Infotango - hang in there - surely we will get back in the air soon . . . I mean, May isn't that far away, right? :(

And I won't call you Shirley. ;)

Back