The official Gaston’s Worrier has a request.

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
I’m not going to worry about as much at Gaston’s this year, but I AM going to worry about my friends flying safely to and from Gaston’s. If y’all don’t make it to Gaston’s, but we think you’re on your way, could you please post here or call me (or someone), so we won’t worry about you?

Thanks

*very evil grin*

Oh, the fun that we could have at other people's expenses. :D

Ahem, yeah. Like the fun that resulted last year when some clowns in the lobby told my wife on the phone I'd crashed. THAT was a bundle of laughs!!!

Ahem, yeah. Like the fun that resulted last year when some clowns in the lobby told my wife on the phone I'd crashed. THAT was a bundle of laughs!!!

No, No, No. That's not what Spike and I said.
We said you came in hot (true) and we THOUGHT you were going to not save it, then the discussion went something along the lines of, I can't imagine if he crashed.

Although with it being Spike and I in the lobby...

We said you came in hot (true) and we THOUGHT you were going to not save it, then the discussion went something along the lines of, I can't imagine if he crashed.

OK, let me rephrase, "...implied to my wife on the phone ..."

This thread is going about as well as the one I started last year about posting photos of women at Gaston's. :eek: :redface:

This thread is going about as well as the one I started last year about posting photos of women at Gaston's. :eek: :redface:

I remember that one! I'll only be taking embarrasing photos of women at Gastons. Any women who does not want their embarassing photo posted can send me a substantial some of money, preferable in 100LL/GPH terms. For instance, "I'll give you five hours in the Tiger worth of gas, Anthony", etc. Bidding wars will be encouraged. LOL! :D

Assuming Ken is serious, why don't we make it official (with full pardon to past offenders) that anyone found to have deliberately raised false concerns about another pilot's "good health" to anyone else except in the presence of said pilot (the one the "concerns" were in reference to) will be banned from Gaston's next year. This kind of thing may seem humorous to the initiator at the time, but it can have very serious negative effects on others and really shouldn't be tolerated.

Assuming Ken is serious, why don't we make it official (with full pardon to past offenders) that anyone found to have deliberately raised false concerns about another pilot's "good health" to anyone else except in the presence of said pilot (the one the "concerns" were in reference to) will be banned from Gaston's next year. This kind of thing may seem humorous to the initiator at the time, but it can have very serious negative effects on others and really shouldn't be tolerated.
Well, I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I just wanted to note that the "fun at other peoples' expense" ain't necessarily a good thing.

Well, I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I just wanted to note that the "fun at other peoples' expense" ain't necessarily a good thing.

Especially if one's spouse is already gunshy wrt GA.

I don't want to make a big deal about it either (hence the pardon for past offences) but I'd sure like to prevent any future occurrences. Maybe banning from Gaston's would be a bit harsh though, perhaps something that's just very embarassing?

Hey, hey, hey!

Don't edit *me* into this kerfuffle!

Especially if one's spouse is already gunshy wrt GA.

That's what I'm really worried about. A skittish flying-fearful spouse or close relative could truly freak out if someone "implied" that their loved one crashed. This is not something to fool around with when unknown parties are involved.

I don't want to make a big deal about it either (hence the pardon for past offences) but I'd sure like to prevent any future occurrences. Maybe banning from Gaston's would be a bit harsh though, perhaps something that's just very embarassing?
Like having to wear Jesse's thong and have a picture of it posted?:no::hairraise::goofy:

Ok, just to clear up, there was no "hey, that's Ken's wife on the phone, let's make her think he crashed."

Spike and I were in the check in area of Gaston's discussing Ken's landing which got real squirrely and comments between Spike and I were something along the lines of, "Wow, I was surpised there wasn't a crash with the way he came in hot like that." At the same time Ken's wife happened to be on the phone which we did NOT know when we started discussing the landing. I heard the person on the phone say Ibold, and said that's the guy that just landed. During the discussion and with Ken's wife being on the phone one of the other employees there asked if a plane just crashed, probably loud enough that Ken's wife overheard it. So, Ken's wife hears, "he just landed" from Spike and I, and also hears "he just crashed?" from an employee.

Assuming she is like 99.99% of other females, quasi-hysterics set in, logic is further eliminated from the thought process, and she now believes that Ken just crashed at Gaston's. There was no implying.

Assuming she is like 99.99% of other females, quasi-hysterics set in, logic is further eliminated from the thought process,
Ed, I'm glad that I (like the other female pilots who will be attending Gaston's) am in the 0.01% category. :yes: :p

Ed, I'm glad that I (like the other female pilots who will be attending Gaston's) am in the 0.01% category. :yes: :p

How can you be a worrier AND in that 0.01% :D :p

Oh please, I bet if it had a matching top, everyone would want one, LOL!!!

Although I thought you ment one he's actualy worn. Boy, you guys are weird, hehe.

Although I'd propose something like either blindfolding the offender and making him land at Gastons on a flight simulator just by listening to us tell him to pull up or putting him in a ladies dress with antlers and playing paint ball....but I'm slightly deranged and joking like that.

Last edited:
what makes you think the offender would be a "him"?????

Because, as they say in the Aristocats Disney movie, "Ladies never start stuff but they can finish it!" ;)

Looks like I miss all the fun parties around this joint...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back