The new woman in my life.

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Meet Bonnie.

attachment.php

My brand new Triumph Bonneville T100. She came today and now has all of 65 miles on odometer. I brought her home from Team Triumph in Janesville, WI. Finally a decent day to ride too, albeit a little windy.

Attachments

• Bonnie.jpg
    Bonnie.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Nice bike, looks gorgeous. Of course, my 954rr (which I hope to ride to Osh) is loads faster, but probably not as comfy. Enjoy!

Hmmm. Looks like Bonnie's stroke is long enough to break your leg if you have to give her a kick.....

Where are they made?? The web site mentioned they were not affiliated with Triumph Motors.

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1
They are made in the UK is in Hinckley. The name of the company is actually Triumph Motorcycle LTD and it is correct that they are not part of Triumph Motors Co which is owned by BMW.

I was thinking Dee as well, but now another question comes to mind. Why is it that we tend to refer to inanimate objects, most especially mechanical ones, as 'she's'? Even I do that; my helicopter is a she, the Sporty is a she. I haven't gotten to know my Triumph enough yet to call 'it' anything but I imagine eventually I will be referring to it as she.

What makes cars, bikes, and flying machines female?

I was thinking Dee as well, but now another question comes to mind. Why is it that we tend to refer to inanimate objects, most especially mechanical ones, as 'she's'? Even I do that; my helicopter is a she, the Sporty is a she. I haven't gotten to know my Triumph enough yet to call 'it' anything but I imagine eventually I will be referring to it as she.

What makes cars, bikes, and flying machines female?
Well, Leslie named her "truck" "Duke" (after Duke Ellington). The exception that proves the rule?

Maybe I'm just cold. But I don't call any piece of equipment a he or she. I think it really just depends on how one's brain works. Mine is very analytical.

That said if my motorcycle were to be one or the other. I'd prefer it be a she.

I always picture Triumphs as cafe racers. (That's not a negative, mind you, just my immediate thought picture).

Very cool. Congrats.

I also don't think of vehicles as having a gender. Anecdotally, most of the pilots I know at work call the airplanes "it". However I know some mechanics who will refer to them as "she".

Then, depending upon the "trial" of the day there's always "that son o' *****."

HR

I also don't think of vehicles as having a gender. Anecdotally, most of the pilots I know at work call the airplanes "it". However I know some mechanics who will refer to them as "she".

I call my new minivan the Silver Bullet. That's pretty gender neutral. :cornut:

We always call a ship a "she" and not without a reason.
For she displays a well-shaped knee regardless of the season.
She scorns the man whose heart is faint and doesn't show him pity.
And like a girl she needs the paint to keep her looking pretty.

For love she'll brace the ocean vast, be she a gig or cruiser.
But if you fail to tie her fast you're almost sure to lose her.
On ships and dames we pin our hopes, we fondle them and dandle them.
And every man must know his ropes or else he cannot handle them.

Be firm with her and she'll behave when skies are dark above you.
And let her take a water wave - praise her, and she'll love you.
That's why a ship must have a mate; she needs a good provider.
A good strong arm to keep her straight, to comfort her and guide her.

For such she'll brace the roughest gales and angry seas that crowd her.
And in a brand new suit of sails no dame looks any prouder.
The ship is like a dame in that she's feminine and swanky;
You'll find the one that's broad and fat is never mean and cranky.

Yes ships are ladylike indeed, for take them altogether
the ones that show a lot of speed can't stand the roughest weather.

(Author unknown)

I always picture Triumphs as cafe racers. (That's not a negative, mind you, just my immediate thought picture).

Very cool. Congrats.

Yep, they've got the Thruxton reissue, too...

146_0912_+2010_triumph_thruxton_se_unveiled+_01.jpg

And a Steve McQueen-like scrambler...

showscrambler.jpg

Neat stuff, even though the shifters are on the wrong side.

I call my new minivan the Silver Bullet. That's pretty gender neutral. :cornut:
I call my Subaru "The Subaru" and my Jeep "The Jeep". I think the only vehicle I have owned that had a nickname was my Explorer which I called "Strawberry" but that was Ford's name for the color. It was still an "it" though, not male or female. Come to think of it, probably the only reason it had a name was that I was living with a guy at the time who named all his vehicles.

I call my Subaru "The Subaru" and my Jeep "The Jeep". I think the only vehicle I have owned that had a nickname was my Explorer which I called "Strawberry" but that was Ford's name for the color. It was still an "it" though, not male or female. Come to think of it, probably the only reason it had a name was that I was living with a guy at the time who named all his vehicles.

It's more of a joke -- honestly, a minivan??? Not cool. I could call it the Eliminator and it's still a silver minivan.

Really comfy and full of neat features though. I like it. I don't really consider it to be "named."

Well lets see....

My old Jeep Cherokee was called JJ, my Piper Cherokee is called Cherry, my BMW M-Roadster is called M-Paw, the Honda Accord is called Bridget Honda and the VW Jette is called Jamie Lee Jette.

Yep that about covers it.

Very nice motorcycle, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Will a windshield be part of the installed equipment or are you a BIT guy?

No wondshield or fairing on Bonnie. I will install a small bug deflector but I do not want to change the classic look.

I'd agree with that. If you want a windshield or the like, you should get a different motorcycle. Of course, I'd still wear a full-face helmet on the thing.

Very cool. Congrats.

Lots of Triumphs were converted to Cafe Racers in the UK, not so much here, but you used to see them. I had an old 750 Boneville that I converted to a Cafe Racer, but the ones that were really slick were the Norton 850 Commandoes. I had both in the late 70's and 80's.

Nice bike Scott. I've been lusting after a Speed Triple or Sprint for a while.

Dunno how big your bugs are, or how much deflection is required to protect the rider, but after my trip in the 'burb last week I think our local bugs have discovered steroids. Loudest thumps I can remember and lots of scraping required. I wouldn't want to take one of those in the helmet.

I'd agree with that. If you want a windshield or the like, you should get a different motorcycle. Of course, I'd still wear a full-face helmet on the thing.

Dunno how big your bugs are, or how much deflection is required to protect the rider, but after my trip in the 'burb last week I think our local bugs have discovered steroids. Loudest thumps I can remember and lots of scraping required. I wouldn't want to take one of those in the helmet.

It must be all that cow that you feed them.

I fully agree on the merits of a windshield. I just think it looks wrong on that bike.

Back