The most expensive Cessna 182 in the world

lol yeah the ad said 150K later on.

I'm in the market for a 182. I don't think the capability is worth 150K. 50K tops. I'm sure someone has the willingness and resources to overpay for that capability and will buy this bird. I'm sure it's a fine bird otherwise.

lol yeah the ad said 150K later on.

I'm in the market for a 182. I don't think the capability is worth 150K. 50K tops. I'm sure someone has the willingness and resources to overpay for that capability and will buy this bird. I'm sure it's a fine bird otherwise.

Yeah, that's one of the things about newer vs older airplanes, the older ones are just as capable, if not more capable than the newer ones.:dunno:
A 1997 182 flies at roughly the same speed as my 1977 model, the avionics in this one are fine, but I've got a 430 WAAS. Mine has a better useful load, no HSI or stormscope, but that can be added, and I'm in mine with new leather interior for under $80K.:D

I'd say that 182's are holding their value amazingly well. I can't imagine that bird was much more brand new. In a world of doom and gloom you 182 owners should be happy.

Yes dear, I have the 182 for sale. I know I only paid 110,100 for it but like I told you when I bought it airplanes appreciate a lot. I know it is worth at least $2,000,000 and can't believe it hasn't't sold yet.

What amazes me about all of Van Bortels planes is how shiny they are in the hangar. That plane is 16 years old and looks in the pictures as it just came out of the factory. Mine was that shiny when I bought it from them(so I do not think it is post picture alteration), but has not gotten that shine since. I wish I could keep my bird that shiny again.

What amazes me about all of Van Bortels planes is how shiny they are in the hangar. That plane is 16 years old and looks in the pictures as it just came out of the factory. Mine was that shiny when I bought it from them(so I do not think it is post picture alteration), but has not gotten that shine since. I wish I could keep my bird that shiny again.

That Van Bortel full time detail guy has some skills. I can barely get the bugs washed off for a $100.

I bet they'll throw in a GTN750 if you give them the headline price.

They do have a great detail department, and they usually start with a very nice airplane and that makes it easier.:D But even the repo's the have listed look great!:yes:

They do have a great detail department, and they usually start with a very nice airplane and that makes it easier.:D But even the repo's the have listed look great!:yes:
Mine was a repo. Used commercially from what I can tell, but when I got it it looked showroom new to me(I am assuming as I have never seen a new airplane) and that was after a flight from texas to south west florida. Never looked so good since then, and the guy I hire to detail it takes two days and does not come even close. And now I go to clean the dead buggers and other crud from today's excursion off of it.

Last edited:
Van Bortel sold the plane a month ago to someone in western ND, according to flightaware. It's good to see all that oil money up there going for a good purpose.

I think I'll watch for fly-ins in ND and see if anyone will buy my bird for $1.5 million. :)

Back