The Media

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
The media strikes again.
We had some bolts break on an I beam because of the snow load this morning at my plant.
All is well for the time being at least, engineers came out, shored up the beam etc.. and we are good to go till the steal can be put in.

NOW the "fun" part. When the initial "instance" happened, there was a call to the fire department for various reasons.
Well, on the local 5:00 PM news tonight, about 5 minutes in they broadcast the name of my plant and that THE ROOF COLLAPSED!!.
Never did they call anyone at the plant (there were people there all day) to verify, never did the verify with ANYONE.
Within 5 minutes after this report, the phones are ringing off the hook from our employee's asking if we are going to "open back up", "how long are we going to be out of work" etc..
WE called the newsroom at the local station and told them we are OPEN FOR BUSINESS and that our 3rd shift should come in as normal because their story was COMPLETELY inaccurate.
I would think they could AT LEAST call the plant and ask for a statement if nothing else, before scaring our 190 employee's thinking they don't have a job anymore.

Ok rant off

Mark B

Last edited:
"Had a small airplane been flying over the site, and crashed directly into the roof, both it and the roof would have been destroyed. Video at 11."

Back