The man who changed the History of Aviation with over 130,000 edits on Wikipedia!

simplex1

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
simplex1
The man who changed the history of aviation with over 130,000 edits on Wikipedia!

Most likely you are not aware but the History of Aviation has been written starting with 2007 by roughly a single man, "Michael "Bink" Knowles, known as Binksternet on Wikipedia" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Binksternet ) a great fan of the Wright Brothers.
Binksternet_suggesting_editors_be_logged_in.jpg

Michael "Bink" Knowles (public person), known as Binksternet on Wikipedia

Good and relatively objective texts about various aviation pioneers, that existed on Wikipedia before 2007, most of them being identical copies of articles taken from various encyclopedias, have been little by little transformed in piles of rubbish by Binksternet who has earned a lot of medals for his "contributions" ( see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Binksternet/Awards ), so many that the entire surface of his body would not be large enough to accommodate them.

According to Binksternet, an audio engineer, the Wright Brothers invented everything possible while all other pioneers contributed nothing to the progress of mechanical flight! There is not a single page about early airplanes without multiple edits made by the abusive Binksternet who, in various forms, repeats over and over again that nothing else mattered in the early years of aviation except the Wright Brothers despite the fact nobody saw them flying or at least admired their plane on the ground before 1908, long after the public take offs and later longer flights in Europe which started in early 1906.

The Wikipedia article about the Wright Brothers is locked by this Binksternet. Only him can make edits. Other pages about aviation are also locked or semi protected by him. In case you are lucky, find an open page and make there a correction based on good primary sources, immediately Binksternet appears out of nowhere and reverts your edits or in the best case adds some defamatory remarks regarding a certain aviation pioneer, bans you, hides and archives your comments and explanations in the Talk Page, vandalizing Wikipedia and winning award after award many of them for fighting against vandalism!!

Binksternet is the man who rewrote the history of aviation with over 130,000 edits, one of his most original contributions being this one:

"Although not the first to build and fly experimental aircraft, the Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

that reigns at the top of the Wright Brothers' wiki page and basically strips them of the honor of being the first to fly!!

Last edited:
Whatever we know you are blinksternet get back to wikipedia quick before someone makes it useful.

Simplex has done anti Wright Bros. threads on either this board or others. He's very obsessive on this topic.

Last edited:
Henning, I sent you an email the other day at your Capt. address. Did you get it?

Just further validation that you get what you pay for on Wikipedia.

transformed in piles of rubbish by Binksternet who has earned a lot of medals for his "contributions" ( see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Binksternet/Awards ), so many that the entire surface of his body would not be large enough to accommodate them.

Wow, I actually looked at the list of "awards" which reminded me a little bit of fleaBay feedback pages.

But one stood out to me like an eyesore, it is the "Mind the Gap Award" for contributions related to women's history, gender studies and related areas. I wonder if the author of the award thought the name through very well. "Mind the Gap" sounds pretty misleading. Whose gap exactly?? :lol: They should be a little more careful naming these awards. :)

Just further validation that you get what you pay for on Wikipedia.

I would wage that Wikipedia's aviation pages are at least or more accurate than at least 95% of the printed books.

that reigns at the top of the Wright Brothers' wiki page and basically strips them of the honor of being the first to fly!!

The Wright Bros. weren't the first to fly...they were the first to make successful powered flight. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Isn't a direct, intentional and unblemished personal attack against the site policies?

It's particularly cowardly when the target isn't present to defend himself.

The Wright Bros. weren't the first to fly...they were the first to make successful powered flight. There is a difference.

That is also incorrect. The Wright brothers were not the first humans who achieved sustained powered flight. Austria, Britain, France and Germany come to mind. Google can provide the actual names ...

I was the first person in my house to do it.
Wiki and google all you want, that is fact.

I would wage that Wikipedia's aviation pages are at least or more accurate than at least 95% of the printed books.

That could well be true. When I first became aware of aviation pages on Wikipedia, it was easy find ways to improve them. Nowadays, it's much more difficult. About the only significant edit I have been able to make in the past year was to delete some unsubstantiated accusations against a former FAA administrator.

Me too! I was the first person in my whole family.
Them's fightin' werds!! :D

Well, if you count an experience my dad had in an R4D when he was in the Navy during WWII I'm not. And, as I recall, one of his step fathers might have been a P-38 pilot. But, in my house, I'm the first.

Actually, they managed to 'extend a glide' using a motor on 17 Dec 1903, right?

Back