The Helicopter Cottage

If you have a hankerin' to spend $1700 a night to sleep in a helicopter, check out Connecticut's www.winvian.com.
This is a place for those who bought a Global Express only because the waiting time was too long for a BBJ.

I see only one problem. Where's the runway next to the lodge?

You're about to figure out my brilliant idea. Buy some boneyard airliners, move them to an airport, and refurbish the interiors into lodging.

An old 707 could be a replica of Air Force One. A Convair 880 could be Elvis' Lisa Maria. Re-create the Playboy DC-9. Turn a 747 into the Soul Plane. The possibilities are endless.

You're about to figure out my brilliant idea. Buy some boneyard airliners, move them to an airport, and refurbish the interiors into lodging.

An old 707 could be a replica of Air Force One. A Convair 880 could be Elvis' Lisa Maria. Re-create the Playboy DC-9. Turn a 747 into the Soul Plane. The possibilities are endless.

Someone beat you to it, a few years back there was a company selling old 707 and 727 on Ebay. They were on a 100' pole and it had an elevator in the middle of it. The inside was a luxurious condo, price was 100 Mil.

Back