THE(!!!) Hardest Working Man In Aviation.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Chip Gibbons. Yesterday, he gave ride after ride after ride...........after ride, in his Extra 300. I think everyone he took up loved the experience and commented they would love to have more time in acro planes.

Chip had to have logged at least 7 hours of flight time, and never went more than 7 miles from the field.

I think it's safe to say everyone gives you a HUGE thank you, but it really probably isn't enough.

Thanks again.

BTW, if anyone knows of an Extra for sale, I have a 69 D model Cherokee I'll put in the market.

N2212R said:
Chip had to have logged at least 7 hours of flight time, and never went more than 7 miles from the field.
The Iron Man :yes:

Huge thanks to Chip. He certainly is a very generous guy, not only did he spend the whole day taking some of us up, but he really busted his chops getting that Extra ready for this weekend.

I can say without reservations that after flying for 40 years, Chip provided me with the greatest experience in aviation I've ever had. A dream come true. Thanks a million, Chip. Man, I'm yet to come down from that Extra high.

There are others to thank because they too gave their time and energy to take us up in their planes. Diana and Bill in each of their Citabria, Greg in his Cessna 190/195, Steve in his Rumanian warbird (Sorry Steve, can't remember the designation) and the others whose name escape me now. To all of you guys and gals, thanks a million!

And special thanks to Steve See who in addition to giving rides ran the most dedicated and efficient one-man "FBO" operation that included unicom service, ground control coordination and ATC for a very smooth flow of traffic in, out and around Gaston's. Thank Steve!

Thanks Ed. It was really a pleasure to fly with some great pilots. I'd like to express my appreciation to everyone who rode in the Extra - the sick sack is still unused. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In truth I think Greg, Steve, and Diana all gave at least as many rides as I did. I just sweated more. It was a great weekend and I had a ball. As always, I just wish I could have visited with more people

Chip

Roger that! Chip had to have lost 5 or 10 pounds going up and down under that big bubble canopy all day. I sure enjoyed my ride, all my friends are probably going to get sick of hearing about it for the next couple days. Now i just want to do more!

N2212R said:
Chip Gibbons.

Hear, hear!

I owe a big extra-special Thank You, Chip! for letting me stay with you at almost the last minute, for the excellent aerobatics instruction you gave me, and all of the great conversation too. Sorry I kept you up so late on Friday. :D

Thanks also to Jesse and the rest of the welcoming party for rescuing me from BPK on Friday night. :yes:

Back