The Great American Barnstormers Tour...

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
...is coming to Iowa City, IA (KIOW) this coming weekend!

This amazing air tour, made up of 19 "Golden Age of Flight" biplanes from the '20s and '30s will be arriving in Iowa City starting on Saturday, June 14th. This is their first stop on a multi-state tour, and the skies over Iowa City will be FULL of the most amazing, one-of-a-kind biplanes that you've ever seen!

After a good night's sleep for the pilots and crew (some of whom will be arriving from California!), the real show gets going Sunday morning, with a fly-in breakfast (proceeds to benefit Habitat for Humanity) running from 7 AM till Noon.

The Barnstormers will be selling rides throughout the day -- so be sure to arrive early and stay late! With avgas topping five bucks a gallon, you may never again get the chance to see this many round engines turning again -- and you almost certainly will never see this many 80-year-old aircraft flying at once!

Into classic cars? The Classy Chassis Car Club will be displaying their gorgeous motor vehicles on the airport grounds throughout the morning providing a nice counterpoint to the antique airplanes. The day will provide something for everyone to enjoy.

And then -- if you can't make it Sunday -- the Barnstormers will be in Iowa City all day MONDAY, too! If you're into classic biplanes from between the world wars, you have got to see the American Barnstormer Tour!

Need more information? Email me directly at AlexisParkInn@mchsi.com See the Barnstormers website here: http://www.americanbarnstormerstour.com/

I wish they'd drift a little farther east... it would be fun. I've wanted to meet Stu ever since I read about him in Bach's book, a long time ago.

They'll be in Ames Tuesday and Wedensday too. Im really looking forward to it.

Back