The Fly-In Movie Room is done!

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Pix here: http://ameliaslanding.com/fly-in_movies_room.htm

I just finished the last of this season's remodeling, by opening the brand, spanking new "Fly-In Movie Room" for business tonight. It is already rented for the weekend to a lucky couple who will be the first guests in this brand new room, with everything from the floor tiles to the furniture spanking-freaking-new-out-of-the-box!

Want in on this? Here's a deal for you:

The next pilot who calls us will get to use our car for FREE during their stay!

Oh, wait. We always do that...

Okay, how about this:

The next pilot who calls gets breakfast delivered to their room during their stay!

Crap. We always do that, too...

Here you go:

The next pilot who calls will receive free access to over 200 aviation movies on DVD, to view on their in-room 32" HDTV, free of charge!

Nuts. We always offer THAT, too.

Oh, well. We simply can't make it any better than it already is! If you can imagine it in a hotel room, you'll find it -- at Amelia's Landing Hotel!

A superior lodging experience...by pilots, for pilots...in paradise! :D

I like the sales pitch and the room looks great !

Looking' good, JayMary!

Your hard work shows! The room looks great.

Thanks, Tim.

I really cut this one close. Too close -- as recently as two days ago, I wasn't sure it was going to be ready. The only thing we didn't get done was the wallpaper border -- and that's because the freaking paint hadn't cured enough yet!

I was supposed to have this room done in time for Spring Break -- in March. When that didn't happen, I almost blew it off until next year, but then figured that I could knock it out by SandFest (this weekend).

And it's a damned good thing I did -- when I tore the old paneling off the walls, I found a VERY active water leak behind the shower! Had I waited until next November to tear this out... :eek:

It's turned out beautifully. Not surprisingly, after remodeling half the hotel, it's my best effort, yet. Flawless, even, if I do say so myself. :lol:

You've gotta be wore out on remodeling. But nice job! It looks great. My favorite part is the wood wing rib on the bathroom wall.

Last edited:
You've gotta be wore out on remodeling. But nice job! It looks great. My favorite part is the wood wing rib on the bathroom wall.

My 53-year old body has responded fairly well to all this remodeling. Belly flat, lower back strong -- nothing major wrong. I creak and groan in the morning, and I'm looking forward to letting everything heal for a few weeks -- but generally speaking, I'm happy with the way this old body is working out. (Compared to my years of tie-wearing-office-work, I'm in great shape!)

But, damn, I hate drywall. I've got three more rooms to sheetrock, and then I don't EVER want to see that stuff again. I would tile a dozen rooms if it meant that I never had to see drywall again...

Although I'm getting pretty good at it, not surprisingly. Nothing about remodeling/construction is hard -- it's just WORK, which means no one wants to do it, especially on the island.

That looks great Jay, you've really worked your *ss off! Nice job!

Back