The Extra is gone.

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Well, the Extra is in the capable hands of a new owner at Red Wing airport (KRGK). It was hard to see it go, but it's time to move on. The beer comsumption at Gaston's is going to go way, way up.

Sorry, bud. Six months from now, you'll be lying awake at night imagining yourself flying it, and then get into that whole sellers remorse thing. But on to the next ...

Floats? Open cockpit biplane?

How dare you?! I never had a chance to fly in it!

Well, the Extra is in the capable hands of a new owner at Red Wing airport (KRGK). It was hard to see it go, but it's time to move on. The beer comsumption at Gaston's is going to go way, way up.

crying.gif

Here I was just the other day, thinking of taking you up on your offer of a stay in AR to do spins and such things... I have a week of vacation that's still uncommitted.

What are you going to do with yourself? You only have one airplane left!!! :hairraise:

Oh well. Thanks a ton for your generosity and all of the fun you gave to me and others!

DSCN2965.jpg

I miss it already. We all appreciate how generous you were at Gastons.

extra.jpg

Well, the Extra is in the capable hands of a new owner at Red Wing airport (KRGK).
i was certainly sad to see it go. nice to have a good look at it on your last flight w/it Chip.
The beer comsumption at Gaston's is going to go way, way up.

Roger that!

I never got to sit inside that beautiful plane :(

But, change is usually good.....onward and upward!

Ah well. Now to see what's next.

I keep threatening to sell mine...

But, change is usually good.....onward and upward!

Hmmm. Hard to go onward and upward from an Extra... Chip, you didn't tell us you put down a deposit on a Swift Fury! :D

And a beautiful plane, at that...

All of Chip's planes are/were beautiful. The Bo is certainly the nicest Bo I've seen. The Extra was show-quality as well. And the happy little Citabria was a beaut too. :)

Those of you who saw Chip's planes and haven't seen his hangar probably won't be surprised to hear that you could eat off the floor in the hangar too. :yes:

Back