The End of a Logbook

I'm using LogTenPro, so it looks as if I will never have these types of hard records to go back and look on across the years.

There's been some debate about whether LTPro's endorsements are legal digital signatures per FAA electronic logging guidelines in the past. Just sharing, not judging them myself. Some folks have talked here about some certification the LogTen folks haven't done.

I just log 3 T&G's every 90 days and 3 Full stops for night currency... Been doin that for 28 years... God only know how many hours I actually have..:dunno::dunno::confused:..

Probably close to 5 grand or so...:rolleyes:

While there's legally nothing wrong with that, I like having a logbook that shows my actual flights. If nothing else, I can look back at it and have some fond memories of what I did.

Your insurance company doesn't ask for annual numbers? Ours does. Last thing I'd want is some dumbass lawyer helping the insurance company deny a claim because their little form wasn't accurately filled out. LOL...

:lol::rofl:......

I contacted EVERY insurance company in the world to try and insure my deathtrap... Most just laughed and hung up the phone..:yes:.

Back years ago when I owned a few certified planes, the common question from the Ins Co was.. Are you current?,... How many in the last 90 days ?
How many in the last year?...

Never had a problem buying a policy back then..:no:

My first CPC logbook lasted two years and 640 hours. Then I did the Master Log and that's lasted 33 years! But it's down to the last two pages. Third one is on deck and should be activated in the next week or two. I always try to make some note to remind me of personal flights, and it's always fun to look back and reflect on them.

While there's legally nothing wrong with that, I like having a logbook that shows my actual flights. If nothing else, I can look back at it and have some fond memories of what I did.

All my flights are logged into my hard drive sitting on my shoulder..;);)..

I have some GREAT memories too... I LOVE flying..:yes::)

My first CPC logbook lasted two years and 640 hours. Then I did the Master Log and that's lasted 33 years! But it's down to the last two pages. Third one is on deck and should be activated in the next week or two. I always try to make some note to remind me of personal flights, and it's always fun to look back and reflect on them.

Almost every line in my logbook has an entry of some sort of it to remind me of what the trip was.

All my flights are logged into my hard drive sitting on my shoulder..;);)..

I have some GREAT memories too... I LOVE flying..:yes::)

The hard drive on your shoulder probably works better than the one on mine. ;)

Since the advent of Facebook I've had a number of old high school and college friends mention flights they remembered, but I had long forgotten. A quick glance at my logbook entry rekindled the memory. Glad I have those.

Jeeze Ted, I was licensed for a year before you started flying and I'm a couple thousand hours behind you!

It's kind of funny. With my airline's difficulties, I've been digging out the log books to fill out applications. I've been using Safe Log for almost 10 years. Electronic logs just don't have the feel of a paper log.

Jeeze Ted, I was licensed for a year before you started flying and I'm a couple thousand hours behind you!

Yeah, but I was on the "accelerated plan." ;)

Things like the 40 hours in 5 days I just did definitely helped the logbook.

It's kind of funny. With my airline's difficulties, I've been digging out the log books to fill out applications. I've been using Safe Log for almost 10 years. Electronic logs just don't have the feel of a paper log.

That's part of why I haven't gone electronic. For how (in)frequently I need to do that going through my logbook, I prefer the touch and feel of paper.

Back