The Easter Bunny ROCKS!!

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
After I moved to Georgetown back in June it took me 4 months to get 22 years worth of "stuff" moved out of the Topsham house; so it didn't get listed until well into October. Not the best time of year to sell real estate; the NAS Brunswick closing in 2011; the mortgage crisis to go from bad to worse; but I told RE/MAX that not owing anything on it I wouldn't be forced into a fire sale, of sorts; didn't mind waiting for my price.
There were quite a few tire-kickers who figured the seller needed to redo the cabinets, replace the appliances, yada-yada. Nothing wrong with the cabinetry, appliances had been replaced during the last 5 years; it has four types of heat source.
So on Saturday my agent called and said that she had shown the house on Friday morning, "We have an offer, pre-approved, and a target May 09 closing," and the party wanted to go back for another tour later in the same day, which they did without agent who just gave them the lock box combination. She e-mailed me the offer which was 30k under the listing -- unacceptable -- and I made a counter and e-mailed her.
On my way out to church on Sunday she called and said, "They're thinking about it." A couple hours later she called with, "They went for it. I'll have the contract tomorrow for you to come in and sign."
I'm sensing there will be a lot of 100LL burned during the coming warmer months. Thank you, Easter Bunny, for the nest-green egg.
(Photos from 02-14-08)

HR

EDIT: What's even more interesting is that the buyers are from Virginia Beach, Virginia, and that's a U. S. Navy town -- big time -- though I have no idea if this involves a transfer into NAS Brunswick, considering that the lady's parents live in Boothbay Harbor, Maine which is about 40 miles from my Topsham house.

Attachments

• Topsham_1 021408.jpg
    Topsham_1 021408.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Topsham_2 021408.jpg
    Topsham_2 021408.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Awesome Harley!

Thanks, t0r0nad0 and Teller. And I guess the Virginia Beach party is hot-to-trot to move on the May 08 closing(moved it a day closer than before).
Today they had the professional House Inspector in to do his thing. It passed in flying colors! Yesterday I learned that they've already lined up their insurance program with a local agency. All this since last Sunday.

Oh! And I have a quote to put a Garmin GPS 430-W into the Skyhawk to front what will become the #2 Nav/Com: Narco MK-12D w/ Glide-slope(ID-825) Indicator. The older MK-12D(has been the #2) will get traded-in.

Summer: I'm ready!

HR

Oh! And I have a quote to put a Garmin GPS 430-W into the Skyhawk to front what will become the #2 Nav/Com: Narco MK-12D w/ Glide-slope(ID-825) Indicator. The older MK-12D(has been the #2) will get traded-in.

Congrats on the house, and the Garmin! :yes:

Based on my experience with trying to get a Narco radio fixed (recently posted in another thread, took over a year), I'd suggest you keep the 2nd radio as a spare just in case you have problems with the first.

. . . . . an interesting thought. The MK-12D PLUS w/ glide slope got put in(during the previous X-ponder check) by the same place that'll be doing the 430-W. The older MK-12D goes waaaayyyy back but it's never been out for any type of service. I have read of other horror stories, however, re Narco. The avionics shop has been the only av-shop to have worked on this plane in at least the past 26 years.

HR

Back