The Daddy of Wayne Bowers' Plane

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
This was parked on the ramp at my home 'drome (H88) on Thursday. It was a pretty 195 in and out. I think it studded Wayne's 180. ;)

attachment.php

I miss Wayne.

Attachments

• Pretty195.jpg
    Pretty195.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 185
This was parked on the ramp at my home 'drome (H88) on Thursday. It was a pretty 195 in and out. I think it studded Wayne's 180. ;)

attachment.php

I miss Wayne.

For the pilot with a 55 gallon drum of Flitz and nothing to do every Saturday.

I miss Wayne too.

I too miss him. Where did he go?

Those planes are gorgeous. I can't imagine the effort it would take to keep that up.

And for those of you who might be wondering what the reference is. Here's Wayne's plane at Gaston's last year.

9013055101_a5f23ed80f.jpg

I too miss him. Where did he go?

Wayne got into a couple of contentious debates a while back and just disappeared. I wonder if something was bothering him. He seemed to have his dander up more often than in days past.

Wayne got into a couple of contentious debates a while back and just disappeared. I wonder if something was bothering him. He seemed to have his dander up more often than in days past.

It did seem like something was up. He was becoming a real GA pessimist, and if you didn't share his outlook on a subject he would just belittle you. Sad because he is a real wealth of knowledge.

And for those of you who might be wondering what the reference is. Here's Wayne's plane at Gaston's last year.

9013055101_a5f23ed80f.jpg

My first thought, upon seeing such a plane, is always "Cool!".

My second thought is also always the same: "Why?"

Not that I'm not completely anal about the looks of my plane -- I am -- but every second spent polishing bare aluminum is one second too many spent on the ground.

Back