The Cessna Denali

Jim Case

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AceDolphinFlyer
IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1107.PNG Does this really exite anybody else? This thing is going to be great, and my commercial piloting career will start In 2018, right when it launches! I hope i get to fly one someday and I bet I will! What do you guys think? Sexy right?

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
You like the new PC-11?
And, really, they couldn't come up with a better name?
It'll start a trend, and soon we can buy the Cirrus Camry or the Piper F-150!

Doesn't really excite me anymore than a PC-12 to be quite honest.

You like the new PC-11?
What is the PC 11? I did a quick google search and all I found was oil?

You like the new PC-11?
I think it is named after an airport

Doesn't really excite me anymore than a PC-12 to be quite honest.
That's cool, different strokes and all. What are these P c models that are being alluded to here? Never heard of one.

From what i've seen PC12s have identical or better specs and a 20+ year history. Not sure what market they are going for. The guy who really want a turbine single but doesn't want the speed of a tbm, and just hates them foreign paletus things.

Last edited:
That's cool, different strokes and all. What are these P c models that are being alluded to here? Never heard of one.
PC models? It's a Pilatus PC12, It's the one in your first photo at the top. Yeah that isn't the Denali.

It surprised me that Cessna couldn't come up with a more original design than a PC12 clone. Seems their innovation skills have been lacking.

From what i've seen PC12s have identical or better specs and a 20+ year history. Not sure what market they are going for is. The guy who really want a turbine single but doesn't want the speed of a tbm, and just hates them foreign paletus things.
Oh they are referencing the Paletus. It has a very wide cabin, and is "allegedly" going to be more fuel efficient. But untill 2018 we will not know if that is really the case.

Oh they are referencing the Paletus. It has a very wide cabin, and is "allegedly" going to be more fuel efficient. But untill 2018 we will not know if that is really the case.
You are aware that the airplane in the first photo isn't the Denali, correct?

PC models? It's a Pilatus PC12, It's the one in your first photo at the top. Yeah that isn't the Denali.

It surprised me that Cessna couldn't come up with a more original design than a PC12 clone. Seems their innovation skills have been lacking.
Oh yeah, I've seen those, I didn't realize that was on there, thanks for that. I don't agree, that they are lacking in innovation, it's supposed to improve on designs like the Pilatus, but untill 2018 we won't know if that's the case

You like the new PC-11?
This one is supposed to be "better" so we should probably refer to it as the *PC-13*;)

This one is supposed to be "better" so we should probably refer to it as the *PC-13*;)
The truth is we won't know if it's better untill 2018. The only thing we know right now is the cabin has more leg room for passengers. I still like it a lot, and I'm a huge fan of Cessna aircraft. Prefer pipers, but that mainly comes down to my preference towards low wings over high wings. Seeing as this is a low wing...

Oh yeah, I've seen those, I didn't realize that was on there, thanks for that. I don't agree, that they are lacking in innovation, it's supposed to improve on designs like the Pilatus, but untill 2018 we won't know if that's the case
Welcome.
Maybe lack of innovation is the wrong word, I would've just thought Cessna could have created more of an original design, instead of cloning an aircraft already in production.

You like the new PC-11?
You can already buy a:
  • Caravan
  • Mustang
  • Citation
  • Cherokee
  • Eclipse
  • Saratoga
  • Skylane
  • Skyhawk
  • etc

Welcome.
Maybe lack of innovation is the wrong word, I would've just thought Cessna could have created a more original design, instead of a cloning an aircraft already in production.
Toatally understandable. But, I don't see why they would start from scratch when they have a great framework to improve upon already. then again, I confused the two, so maybe that's why? :)

I'll stick to my Pc12

Too bad Pilatus or Cessna doesn't embrace some TPE331-12JR goodness.

It isn't a tail dragger so who cares
I too like tail wheels, but I can't land or take off in one for crap yet! It's kind of scary honestly, but I will get it, in time

They're trying to compete in a market that already has a better competitor
Ah, well for all we know the Denali is a better more cost effective plane than the competition. or it could be a colossal flop. We shall have to wait and see, being a big fan of Cessna I'm
Anyicipatig the resualts of its first couple service years.

I hope they didn't use any spare parts from the "skycatcher" fiasco.

I hope they didn't use any spare parts from the "skycatcher" fiasco.
LOL, That was one of the things I was referring to when I mentioned Cessna's "lack of innovation". Probably plenty of leftovers I'd say, wouldn't you? :p

They're trying to compete in a market that already has a better competitor
LOL, That was one of the things I was referring to when I mentioned Cessna's "lack of innovation". Probably plenty of leftovers I'd say, wouldn't you? :p

BINGO! Kinda like General Motors bring back Oldsmobile.

Keeps you on your toes, literally.
Do you fly in the skids or tailweel airplanes? My dad friend has a maule m7 260 c, and to be honest, it flys like crap. I've also flown my instructors modified piper Cherokee, which has had the landing gear converted to tail wheel, much better.

Do you fly in the skids or tailweel airplanes? My dad friend has a maule m7 260 c, and to be honest, it flys like crap. I've also flown my instructors modified piper Cherokee, which has had the landing gear converted to tail wheel, much better.
Flies like crap? What's wrong with it?

Btw, skids are the landing gear of helicopters. Not sure what you were referring to there.:dunno:

IMG_1119.JPG
Flies like crap? What's wrong with it?

Btw, skids are the landing gear of helicopters. Not sure what you were referring to there.:dunno:
It's just very mediocre overall. Quite unresponsive compared to every other airplane I have flown. By skids i mean these. Some pilots believe that only they should only qualify as "taildraggers" and the others should be "tail wheel" or so I have been told. I've never seen one that hasn't been like ancient so i dont really see it as a valid point, but hey, different folks

Back