The boys are coming back to TV !!!

My friend used to regale me with their antics, and I'd always honk him off by telling him that I could smoke just about any of the high end cars they feature with my little $6K race bike. He pointed out that the Ariel Atom beat a bike on the track, and I had to point out that that my bike was appreciably faster than the 600cc sport bike they used. I'd still smoke the thing. I would have, that is. I still miss that bike.

That said, any of them could beat me on the high end. Good luck doing that in the CONUS.

Their intermodal races are not to be taken seriously. Well, not much they do is to be taken seriously… They are for entertainment value only.

They had one episode where they raced a 182 over the Alps! All the delays they gave them made it meaningless. And as a pilot, I don't particularly like watching passengers ***** about preflight.

Having said that, there have been a handful of "gem" episodes, such as the attempts they made to kill an old Toyota Diesel pickup truck.

My friend used to regale me with their antics, and I'd always honk him off by telling him that I could smoke just about any of the high end cars they feature with my little $6K race bike. He pointed out that the Ariel Atom beat a bike on the track, and I had to point out that that my bike was appreciably faster than the 600cc sport bike they used. I'd still smoke the thing. I would have, that is. I still miss that bike.

That said, any of them could beat me on the high end. Good luck doing that in the CONUS.

No you wouldn't. They had professional riders/drivers. Not some guy who rides only on weekends and a track maybe once a year.

Last edited:
No you wouldn't. They had professional riders/drivers. Not some guy who rides only on weekends and a track maybe once a year.

I've smoked Vettes of all kinds on that bike. I'd smoke yours if I still had it. Heck, I could probably smoke yours on the bike I've got. Heck, yours I could probably smoke on the Goldwing.

I've smoked Vettes of all kinds on that bike. I'd smoke yours if I still had it. Heck, I could probably smoke yours on the bike I've got. Heck, yours I could probably smoke on the Goldwing.

My Vette is not an Ariel Atom driven by a PROFESSIONAL. The bike was also ridden by a PROFESSIONAL.

You, are not a professional bike rider. Professional bike rider lost the race, and now you're making the the case that you are a better rider than a guy who gets paid to race. Get over yourself. You and I both suck compared to professional drivers/riders.

Oh, and the V-8 version of the Atom has a better power to weight ratio than a Hayabusa.

Last edited:
My Vette is not an Ariel Atom driven by a PROFESSIONAL. The bike was also ridden by a PROFESSIONAL.

You, are not a professional bike rider. Professional bike rider lost the race, and now you're making the the case that you are a better rider than a guy who gets paid to race. Get over yourself. You and I both suck compared to professional drivers/riders.

No, I'm making the case that my bike was so much faster (which it was) that I could've smoked the pro in the car. Not that the Atom is anything worth cheering about, since its barely one step up from a bike.

Oh, and the V-8 version of the Atom has a better power to weight ratio than a Hayabusa.

Busa's are good for applying G-forces to go a straight line, but that's about it. They're big, long and heavy for a sport bike. Most of the ones I see get farkled out until they're all but unrecognizable. Don't get me wrong, utterly gorgeous and they have unbelievable power. Not a bike I'd like to race though. These days not even a bike I'd like to sit on. Getting too old.

No, I'm making the case that my bike was so much faster (which it was) that I could've smoked the pro in the car. Not that the Atom is anything worth cheering about, since its barely one step up from a bike.

Except it wasn't. The Atom runs a sub 3 0-60. The V-8 version, a sub 2.5.

But you also claimed to have the worlds fastest Cherokee at one time too. So, there is that.

clarkson-meme.png

Any of the street supecars can easily be beat by a track car with a Chevy engine for a 1/10 the price.

First time I have considered joining Netflix, we haven't watched the Beebs since Jezza was canned, I will still watch for Dr. Who but in the one episode with the guy they picked as the new front man I can say for certain I will not watch the new line up - Clarkson, Hammond and May are a perfect match for each other and the format was entertaining AND informative - can't wait to see what they cook up.

'Gimp

bah.... they had some entertaining episodes but Clarkson is just too ???? for me. I already have netflix so I'm sure I'll tune in to the first few to see how it goes.

Literally my favorite show in the world I cannot wait until their new show airs. I saw their final show after BBC released it, very hilarious while in the "film" before the incident but very somber with Hammond and May in the Studio

As soon as one realises that it's all about entertainment, and not really about the cars, it's a very easy show to enjoy. I particularly like the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. The specials, with treks through various interesting countries, are fantastic. I look forward to seeing what they produce without the BBC keeping them on a leash!

As soon as one realises that it's all about entertainment, and not really about the cars, it's a very easy show to enjoy. I particularly like the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. The specials, with treks through various interesting countries, are fantastic. I look forward to seeing what they produce without the BBC keeping them on a leash!

My thoughts as well.

Having said that, there have been a handful of "gem" episodes, such as the attempts they made to kill an old Toyota Diesel pickup truck.

The airport equipment race, the review of the F-150, and the antics with the camper trailer had me crying laughing.

The double decker car racing is always good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 6
The episode on the Reliant Robin is one of my faves. I only wish I knew more of the British celebs making cameos in that one, so I'd get the inside jokes.

The episode on the Reliant Robin is one of my faves. I only wish I knew more of the British celebs making cameos in that one, so I'd get the inside jokes.

:lol: I loved that one. "Could you just push me back over?":rofl:

Neighbor used to have one and there were a few times I thought it was going to roll but it didn't :(

Back