The blunders of FSX

rubber314chicken

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rubber314chicken
The first pic SHOULD be pretty easy for you people to figure out the blunder in (I hope) and the second is a runway incursion where I was "cleared" to land with Mooney at position and hold, which then proceeded to make a very short takeoff over my head. Luckily I had crash detection off.

Attachments

• squawk.JPG
    squawk.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 162
  • rwy inc..JPG
    rwy inc..JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 153
The first pic SHOULD be pretty easy for you people to figure out the blunder in (I hope) and the second is a runway incursion where I was "cleared" to land with Mooney at position and hold, which then proceeded to make a very short takeoff over my head. Luckily I had crash detection off.

Well, they misspelled "expedited" as "expidited"... is that what you refer to in the radio calls window?

Ah, that would be it then. Someone should mention it to M$.

My favorite mission has got to be the one where you get to land the C208 on the carrier. For some reason my reverse thrust still worked with an engine failure...

My favorite mission has got to be the one where you get to land the C208 on the carrier. For some reason my reverse thrust still worked with an engine failure...

Heh, yeah,

I approached higher than normal (like 200 feet higher) to account for the forward motion of the carrier, but apparently 200 feet was overkill. But yeah, FSX has some surprisingly fun missions. The ATC system still isn't as solid as it should be, and the bots are TERRIBLE pilots, but it sure is pretty :D

Example - Pretty, but terrible pilots.

ax0emt.jpg

Anybody know why the menu bar at the top stays once you hit the alt key?

I was wondering why they instructed you to maintain VFR conditions when you requested an IFR clearance and they are telling you to expect the ILS. I guess that 4000' is their min vectoring altitude, but they've already got you on Radar, so...?

Grant, that's what I was wondering - if you got an IFR clearance, why "remain clear of clouds"?

I was wondering why they instructed you to maintain VFR conditions when you requested an IFR clearance and they are telling you to expect the ILS. I guess that 4000' is their min vectoring altitude, but they've already got you on Radar, so...?
Yeah. Definitely non-standard. That aside, it's perfectly normal to not be in radar contact and below the MVA when IFR. That doesn't mean that one can't be IMC. ATC assumes responsibility for terrain avoidance once they start vectoring you.

-Felix

that confused me as well. I was told to go to 8000' and fly direct to the Portland VOR before I was diverted to get the pregnant woman.

is that the one where you have to fly to pick up a celebrity? because I just restarted the engine.

Is there a Gastons FSX Mission? I'm sure one of you techies could put one together in 13 seconds couldn't you. Can you program caricatures of the POA'ers there?

Please don't forget the banjo's & guitars & movie screen & etc...

"Squawk 2681" and "climb and maintain 4,000 in VFR conditions".

Back