The best 4 seat STOL bush planes.

I have a friend with a 295 Helio. He has been making a bunch of parts he can't buy. I'd rather have my old 185, anyway.

Bang for the buck it's hard to beat a Maule (they are also working on diesel models)

Stinsons are great too

180/185s are nice, but a little overpriced/hyped

U206

Helio, great plane but Im not a geared engine fan and most tend to be beat to he11 or WAY over priced (there's a black one called "macho machine" or something that's been for sale for YEARS.

There are some good exp planes too, but I can't make money with them so meh!

185 does it all...4 220lb pax plus 170lbs of bags plus fuel to almost 800nm! Great on floats or skis. Airframe and engine support from the factory plus over 60 years and 6000 airframes from which to get used parts. And, with a skilled hombre in the hero-chair, can land on a sand bar, pack a couple of hunters and most of a bear/moose and fly home. Tough, capable.

Katmai. Want. :)

Is only worth the price tag if you're really going to need it and use it, though.

And they beef it up, but you can still prang the firewall if you aren't careful with the nose gear, like all 182s.

And that gets frakking expensive to fix -- in the time it takes to say, "Oh, ****."

:) :) :)

185 does it all...4 220lb pax plus 170lbs of bags plus fuel to almost 800nm! Great on floats or skis. Airframe and engine support from the factory plus over 60 years and 6000 airframes from which to get used parts. And, with a skilled hombre in the hero-chair, can land on a sand bar, pack a couple of hunters and most of a bear/moose and fly home. Tough, capable.

That's why the Aviatech Super Cyclone looks so appealing. It's a 185 with some modern improvements.

Back