The Answer to the ADIZ

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
I've got it, move the government to that resort in N. Carolina IIRC where they built the hardened shelter for them during the cold war, or better yet, Cheyenne Mtn. They'll be safe there and we can have our prime real estate and flight corridor back.

I think the best thing to do is to go back to a standard class B. Most pilots know how to deal with a class B. This ADIZ confuses people.

Henning said:
I've got it, move the government to that resort in N. Carolina IIRC where they built the hardened shelter for them during the cold war, or better yet, Cheyenne Mtn. They'll be safe there and we can have our prime real estate and flight corridor back.

Works for me.

Aren't there a bunch of decomissioned nuke launcher holes in the flatlands they could use?

If they think it's that bad of a neighborhood, they really shouldn't be hanging out there anymore should they?

Henning said:

Brilliant! I love it..... :yes:

Henning said:

You are talking about the Greenbriar in West Virginia. If you'll think back to the days just after 9/11 when the press was yammering about a so called "shadow government," the Greenbriar suddenly got pretty busy again. Of course, the "shadow government" was nothing more than the common sense measure of keeping an alternate chain of command seperate from the first line chain, so that there is a functioning government/chain of command in the event someone successfully targets the government in Washington, D.C. But, common sense disaster prep measures sound a lot more dramatic if you call it a "shadow government."

We could always send 'em out of the country.

Henning said:
...Cheyenne Mtn. They'll be safe there and we can have our prime real estate and flight corridor back.
Ah crap - there goes the neighborhood. Now if we could put 'em in the mountain and lock the door, then I might go for it! "Don't come out until the budget is balanced and the deficit is fixed!"

gkainz said:
Ah crap - there goes the neighborhood. Now if we could put 'em in the mountain and lock the door, then I might go for it! "Don't come out until the budget is balanced and the deficit is fixed!"

I see no problem here. It's a big steel door.

Bring your torch and some heavy steel bars. I can weld. I can also carry 3000lbs on my trailer if you need help transporting stuff.

We could always backfill the entry tunnel while we're at it just as a safety precaution.

wsuffa said:
We could always send 'em out of the country.

We already do that. They are called junkets, aren't they? My local senators and congressmen spend so much time overseas fixing problems it is amazing that they even know what the problems are that they are supposed to be working on back home.

Then, again, I prefer that they DON'T work on most of the problems, because they only seem to make them worse. So, maybe... overseas is good. Let's make them find a way to pay for the trips though. Wonder what a dishwasher in Bangalore makes, anyway? :rolleyes:

Jim G

fgcason said:

Bring your torch and some heavy steel bars. I can weld. I can also carry 3000lbs on my trailer if you need help transporting stuff.

We could always backfill the entry tunnel while we're at it just as a safety precaution.

Couldn't they use the Stargate to escape?

Nah, that's in Colorado, not WV. :yes:

UPDATE: Upon further reading, I notice the switch to Cheyenne Mountain. That being the case, my post is crap and I invite you to ignore it. :(

Last edited:
lancefisher said:

Since the only return would be through same said Stargate, I see no problem in this.

fgcason said:

Yeah, but they'd still put up a permanent TFR and screw up our airspace. I like West Virginia idea better. Let'm stay on the East coast.

Eric

MSmith said:

UPDATE: Upon further reading, I notice the switch to Cheyenne Mountain. That being the case, my post is crap and I invite you to ignore it. :(

HA HA That update has got to be the most self-deprecating comment I have ever read/heard. Too funny!

ejensen said:
Yeah, but they'd still put up a permanent TFR and screw up our airspace. I like West Virginia idea better. Let'm stay on the East coast.

They're inside a fairly nuke proof mountain. A CE150 that can only almost knock a tree down isn't going to be any issue. Besides, to bi#@& they have to come out side and we already welded the door shut on them.

But you have a really good point. Keep all that convoluted nonsense on the East coast where it belongs and leave us alone out here.

MSmith said:

Geography lesson just so you're completely clear on this: :D

Hmmm...I think I question my own sanity by being inside the fireball blast range at this distance. I think it's time to move.

Henning said:
Since the only return would be through same said Stargate, I see no problem in this.

Yeah, but they could return on a ship.:D

fgcason said:
They're inside a fairly nuke proof mountain. A CE150 that can only almost knock a tree down isn't going to be any issue. Besides, to bi#@& they have to come out side and we already welded the door shut on them.

But you have a really good point. Keep all that convoluted nonsense on the East coast where it belongs and leave us alone out here.

Now Frank, you're using logic and common sense. Remember who we are talking about.:(

Back