The Annual "Top Gun" Thread

I feel like the grumpy old neighbor when I talk to the kids. One of them told me they were studying what happened on 9/11. Studying? What? Don't you remember? Oh, you were only 5.

Getting old isn't for sissies.
With all the rewriting of history that goes on, I just have to wonder exactly what they are studying about 9/11, even just 10 years later. I guess I have just lost a lot of faith in textbooks and our school system... :/

With all the rewriting of history that goes on, I just have to wonder exactly what they are studying about 9/11, even just 10 years later. I guess I have just lost a lot of faith in textbooks and our school system... :/

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. The "blame America first" crowd is deeply entrenched in the education system.

Give them 20 years and it'll be ancient history just like us when we learned about the Spanish Inquisition. There will be 3-4 sentences about the actual incident and somewhere along the lines it'll be changed to a few of those nasty GA planes that are now in museums which knocked the buildings down.

Give them 20 years and it'll be ancient history just like us when we learned about the Spanish Inquisition. There will be 3-4 sentences about the actual incident and somewhere along the lines it'll be changed to a few of those nasty GA planes that are now in museums which knocked the buildings down.
Yeah... and the 172 (or was it 182?) that hit the IRS building knocked it over, as well.

Yeah... and the 172 (or was it 182?) that hit the IRS building knocked it over, as well.

It all started when that 150 destroyed an entire wing of the white house several decades ago.

We joke now... They will believe it as if it were absolutely true with lots of video, wreckage and written proof...that they don't have because it wasn't done that way.

History has always been written by the winners. And it's always best to say you won against a powerful evil nearly unstoppable group of superhuman people rather than to have beaten the stuffing out of a small group of harmless people minding their own business. It makes the winning side look like a hero, not the class bully.

It all started when that 150 destroyed an entire wing of the white house several decades ago.
You referring to the one that happened in 1994, or was there another Cessna into the White House?

cessna.jpg

Sure doesn't look like it destroyed an entire wing (well, maybe both wings of the plane).....didn't even penetrate the exterior wall.

I think he was being facetious.

You referring to the one that happened in 1994, or was there another Cessna into the White House?

cessna.jpg

Sure doesn't look like it destroyed an entire wing (well, maybe both wings of the plane).....didn't even penetrate the exterior wall.
Sure looks to me like the wing pointing west was destroyed. :rolleyes:

He was. He's saying that's what the authorities will have the kids thinking happened soon.

Plus, "bounced off" isn't nearly as fun a reason to spend billions on false security.

He was. He's saying that's what the authorities will have the kids thinking happened soon.

Exactly. It's complete fabricated hogwash because that plane barely even scratched the paint on the building. Remember that there were people crapping themselves over the small GA planes that knocked the WTC down just days after airliner shaped cruise missiles did the deed. A couple years ago at the school, several kids were talking about watching the 9-11 crashes in progress on live tv and how the little private airplanes did that much damage. Even after pulling up pictures of the crash in progress, it took a while to convince them otherwise. Those kids will be writing next generations history book. And the generation after that will know only the facts they were given.

Looked like barely worthy of a rental to me.

It's modern movies... the "boy" (plastic surgery is amazing these days, isn't it?) can probably just lip sync.

Trust me, I went into the theater looking for some peace and quiet in a cool room for a nap. My expectations could NOT have been any lower.

I came out laughing, and head bobbing to the beat. "Rock of Ages" is a good flick.

If you were into music in the 1980s, pre-boy-band, you will know every song. Mary just ordered the soundtrack.

And Tom Cruise knocks it out of the park as the fictitious stoner/heavy-metal rock-God, Stacy Jaxx. I don't think he blinks once in the entire movie. :lol:

Last edited:
Alright alright, Karen's been pestering me about a movie... That girl "consumes" enough "entertainment" for the both of us. ;)

Yep. Jay's right. If you grew up listening to 80's rock, it's a must-see. Laughed my butt off and tried not to sing along.

If you wait until its a rental, watch it on a good "hi-fi". Something with Dolby. Hahaha. Dolby B or C at least! (ha!)

Yep. Jay's right. If you grew up listening to 80's rock, it's a must-see. Laughed my butt off and tried not to sing along.

If you wait until its a rental, watch it on a good "hi-fi". Something with Dolby. Hahaha. Dolby B or C at least! (ha!)

Didn't Cruise nail it? :lol:

Mary and I were tapping our toes and singing along to almost every song. Who ever thought they could string together a MUSICAL from heavy metal rock?

Didn't Cruise nail it? :lol:

Mary and I were tapping our toes and singing along to almost every song. Who ever thought they could string together a MUSICAL from heavy metal rock?

Hmm. I wouldn't call any of those songs heavy metal rock... No Metallica, let alone Primus. ;)

But yeah. Cruise had me convinced he was a total drunken, drugged, burnt out rocker. The monkey was a good touch.

I guess this was a Broadway thing before it was made into a movie? Ha. Funny.

As Sergeant-at-Arms of the HE MAN PILOT ASSOCIATION, I must warn Denver Pilot and Jay that any further obsessing over Tom Cruise in a musical role will trigger revocation of their man card.... :D

As Sergeant-at-Arms of the HE MAN PILOT ASSOCIATION, I must warn Denver Pilot and Jay that any further obsessing over Tom Cruise in a musical role will trigger revocation of their man card.... :D

Wouldn't that justify a permanent revocation?

The dude was sucking down Scotch like it was water, and passing out on half naked chicks. Methinks you need to see the movie prior to sounding the warning.

The pool table scene alone, was pushing it... for PG-13 or whatever the movie got...

The dude was sucking down Scotch like it was water, and passing out on half naked chicks. Methinks you need to see the movie prior to sounding the warning.

The pool table scene alone, was pushing it... for PG-13 or whatever the movie got...

Didn't they have to re-do that scene to keep the ratings down? It was...awesome. :lol:

I don't know who that chick is...never heard of her before...but I would like to shoot some stick with her sometime. :yikes:

"Rock of Ages" ain't "Singing in the Rain" or a Fred Astaire musical, that's for sure! :D

Back