The Adventures Of Dave White

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Some of you may know Dave took a job in Alaska flying 172s to remote areas. How cool is that! A freaking AK bush pilot! Dave started out flying when Jesse rode his motor cycle down to TX and gave him lessons. Now Dave is humping mail and people all over AK.

The purpose of this thread is for us to ask questions and have Dave fill us in on his adventures!

I'll go first. Is it true Eskimos share their wives? :no:

David can you ever see Sarah Palin's house and Russia at the same time when you are at altitude?

Some of you may know Dave took a job in Alaska flying 172s to remote areas. How cool is that! A freaking AK bush pilot! Dave started out flying when Jesse rode his motor cycle down to TX and gave him lessons. Now Dave is humping mail and people all over AK.

The purpose of this thread is for us to ask questions and have Dave fill us in on his adventures!

David was flying long before Jesse gave him lessons. He probably was working on at least his instrument and maybe his commercial by then.

I think the story is a little different. I understood that Jesse rode down to fly with David so he could attend 6Y9. The story is here somewhere.

How many teeth do they actually have?

alaskan-tattoo.jpg

I think the story is a little different. I understood that Jesse rode down to fly with David so he could attend 6Y9. The story is here somewhere.

That's why I am "Smooth Talker" - David's mom called me and asked if Jesse was responsible enough to entrust their son to for a trip like that; I said, "Yes," and a legend was born.

Someone needs to find the link to the story that appeared in one of the magazines.

I believe the story is that David was 16, well along with his training, but not able to take his check ride yet...and thus couldn't fly to 6Y9...or that would've been one helluva student's solo cross county from Austin.

...so Jesse took him on an adventure. And neither has looked back since!

Last edited:
She relented and gave her permission. This did not come as much of a surprise to Angell, who described his friend as a “very likeable, smooth-talking Texas lawyer.”

And a star (and new handle) were born!

Edit: I read that article the first time around but didn't catch that the young lady that Jesse took flying was the author. That's pretty cool! I remember her an her significant other asking who could give and introductory fight. Some told her that both Jesse and Ed could. I looked at her and said "go with Jesse, Ed had Ed DD."

I didn't realize that Diz was behind me, but I became aware of it when she slapped me up side the head! ;)

Last edited:

I think that goes for all of Alaska. When I was stationed up there the saying was..You dont lose your wife, you lose your turn.

Last edited:
I think that goes for all of Alaska. When I was stationed up there the sying was..You dont lose your wife, you lose your turn.

I lived there for a while. The women said the the odds were good but the goods were odd.

my question:

Is Ariel Tweto (sp?) 18 yet and does she like Jersey boys? OW OW OW!

I had the Alaskan adventure. I spent 7 years there, flew 6500 hours. In the Cessna line I flew 172, 206, 207, 208, in the Piper line I flew the PA 31-350 Chieftain. Also flew the Beech 99. Never bent any sheet metal, made some great Eskimo friends, ate some horrible native foods and miss living there terribly. I spent almost all my time on the slope or northwest. Accidently flew into russian airspace once, but no MIGS. I did see some contrails in formation on the russian side of the international dateline once.

And no, they don't share wives, do you share yours? Only 3 words for snow: F@#$ing snow again?

What we tell a chechako: You will find a beautiful woman behind every tree. Reality: There are no trees....

Last edited:
Come on Dave! Us old guys are living vicariously through you! Throw us a wild story!

You are an AK bush pilot! See any bears? How are the skeeters? What do you carry for survival gear? We want stories!

Come on Dave! Us old guys are living vicariously through you! Throw us a wild story!

You are an AK bush pilot! See any bears? How are the skeeters? What do you carry for survival gear? We want stories about Ariel!

FTFY.

:)

Nothing like flying over the Kuskokwim or Yukon River under a 500 foot ceiling. Nothing like flying a single engine plane over inhospitable territory without a safe place to land when the engine quits.

Man that was funnest time..!!!

Back