The adventure continues..... (2012)

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
So, I'm back up in Nebraska working with most venerable instructors Jesse Angell and Mark Langrud on my Commercial, CFI, and II. I passed my commercial written today, the checkride is scheduled my first day of eligibility - now the studying for the FOI and CFI starts. I'm hoping to be back home in Texas by the end of September. Jesse and Mark, y'all are awesome!

So, I'm back up in Nebraska working with most venerable instructors Jesse Angell and Mark Langrud on my Commercial, CFI, and II. I passed my commercial written today, the checkride is scheduled my first day of eligibility - now the studying for the FOI and CFI starts. I'm hoping to be back home in Texas by the end of September. Jesse and Mark, y'all are awesome!
Hmmm...

Do I smell an FOI study session at 6Y9 this year?

:dunno::idea:

(Well, I understand that David already has his IR. And...)
Yes, you can get a COM license w/o an IR- you are restricted to within 25 nm of your airport in the exercise of said IR-less situation, however.

Think about pilots giving rides in WACO biplanes.....

David will have to relearn to LOOK OUTSIDE in the LAZY 8, the 45-50 degree banked turn, etc etc etc.... :)

(Well, I understand that David already has his IR. And...)
Yes, you can get a COM license w/o an IR- you are restricted to within 25 nm of your airport in the exercise of said IR-less situation, however.

Think about pilots giving rides in WACO biplanes.....

David will have to relearn to LOOK OUTSIDE in the LAZY 8, the 45-50 degree banked turn, etc etc etc.... :)

Not true doc, unless my buddy is breaking the regs. He has his commercial / no IFR for taking aerial photos all over the country. He does the Google earth stuff for hire.

can't carry persons or property for hire more than 25 miles. photos cropdusting etc are all fine.

when i was doing crop imaging the company we contracted with still required an IR since they wanted the planes to be able to travel around the country semi-reliably.

Not true doc, unless my buddy is breaking the regs. He has his commercial / no IFR for taking aerial photos all over the country. He does the Google earth stuff for hire.
Tony's got it right.....

Hint...the example I gave involved common carriage.....(e.g of humans).

I've never met Jesse but I've had the pleasure of flying with Mark.

Good luck with the commercial and CFI !

Sounds like a great time. Keep us posted. I hope you have good weather on your birthday.

We made an offer on a Mooney today. After it goes through its prebuy and the money changes hands I'll be back up in Nebraska to finish my CFI in it.

We made an offer on a Mooney today. After it goes through its prebuy and the money changes hands I'll be back up in Nebraska to finish my CFI in it.

I flew in a Mooney that belongs to a lady from the Purple. She let me fly her on a Bay Tour and it was such a nice airplane to fly. She took pictures and video and let me fly the whole time.

Good luck on your Mooney and here I was thinking you loved the 172. I am so behind!

Nice! What sort of Mooney is this? Or am I completely out of the loop? Or will this become evident in the coming days/weeks?

Nice! What sort of Mooney is this? Or am I completely out of the loop? Or will this become evident in the coming days/weeks?

I wasn't planning on posting much about it other than the occasional mention in a thread. I may put the 172 for sale in the FS section but I already have a few people who are interested.

Kim, I do love my 172. It is not the plane I need for my current mission however.

Kim if you come to San Antonio in the next couple months I'll give you a ride in it

That is more complicated than it seems. I talked to the owner and it may have been a misunderstanding. I've been here almost 3 years now and while they travel I stay here and "hold down the fort."

So I may or may not go to Texas. The person going with me likes to go in the winter when it isn't too hot and when we can't visit most other states due to snow. If I'm there I won't be there for long so hopefully it all works out but they are notorious for rushing around trying to hit one or two states every half day since we have buildings all over the USA.

Back