Thats it! No more West Viginia Remarks!!!

You forget to mention that MARYLAND was the state that ALLOWED them to get married. ;)

Fine be me. I only live here. I dont consider myself a Marylander. :)

My wife is from Portage, PA., which is 15 or 20 minutes from Altoona.

After I married her, I discovered I was related to nearly the entire little boro of Martindale by marriage. It may be the entire town. I got tired of hearing how I was related to various people. I am not kidding... an entire town related to itself. I sometimes wonder if Cathy was sent out to bring in fresh blood for their weird little enclave.

A little way outside of town is a family of men that gives a horse shelter indoors for the winter. The thing is, the indoor shelter is in their living room.

Sadly, I am not kidding about any of the above.

I've never seen anything like this in West Virginia. I pointed that out to my inlaws the first time they tried making jokes about my background. They don't do that anymore :)

Joe Williams said:

After I married her, I discovered I was related to nearly the entire little boro of Martindale by marriage. It may be the entire town. I got tired of hearing how I was related to various people. I am not kidding... an entire town related to itself. I sometimes wonder if Cathy was sent out to bring in fresh blood for their weird little enclave.

A little way outside of town is a family of men that gives a horse shelter indoors for the winter. The thing is, the indoor shelter is in their living room.

Sadly, I am not kidding about any of the above.

I've never seen anything like this in West Virginia. I pointed that out to my inlaws the first time they tried making jokes about my background. They don't do that anymore :)

Reminds me of a line from comedienne, Brett Butler:
"I'm so Southern I am related to myself."

BTW, I use this line a lot myself :D

Hey Chuck:

Got real close to you this weekend. Flew up to look at a Baron in Haggersville HGR? Got routed all over the place going around the ADIZ from Chesapeake (CPK). Wish I would have had more time, I'd of tried to look you up!!

Best,

Dave
A-36TN ADS

Joe Williams said:
No... and I'm getting these little warning voices in the back of my head to keep it that way LOL
Wise plan!

Jolo is the same town that has the snake handlers.

I went there once - for a wedding. In this case the Bride was marrying someone NOT from Jolo. I think the townspeople were somewhat surprised at the number of cars at the wedding NOT from that county... :)

(Me, I prefer civilized places like Wheeling and Morgantown...well...Wheeling anyway... I love Morgantown but...it ain't civilized, its WVU!) :)

Joe Williams said:

Joe, is Portage anywhere near Boalsburg, PA? :confused: I am working on an agreement today with a company in Boalsburg....

Anytime I travel through western PA, or WV or anywhere around Appalachia, I always carry a hunting bow with plenty of arrows! And I'm from PA! Albeit the eastern side, thank G*d.

wsuffa said:
Joe, is Portage anywhere near Boalsburg, PA? :confused: I am working on an agreement today with a company in Boalsburg....

It's about 70 miles or so.. an hour and a half?? Boalsburg is near State College, which has a pretty good looking airport.

Joe Williams said:
It's about 70 miles or so.. an hour and a half?? Boalsburg is near State College, which has a pretty good looking airport.

Ah, OK. I know where State College is, been there once. Been past Altoona, too. A couple of friends of mine used to own a radio station there, call letters were WALY, I think.

Y'all know Jesco? The dancing outlaw?

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Fine be me. I only live here. I dont consider myself a Marylander. :)
Haven't you now lived in Maryland for most of your adult life? ;)

Even tho I've only lived in Indiana for 4 1/2 years I now just tell people I'm from here. ;)

inav8r said:
Haven't you now lived in Maryland for most of your adult life? ;)
I fail to see the relevance. ;)

Even tho I've only lived in Indiana for 4 1/2 years I now just tell people I'm from here. ;)

Oh I tell people where I live, but as far as I'm concerned, I'll always be FROM West By God Virginia.

Greebo said:
(Me, I prefer civilized places like Wheeling and Morgantown...well...Wheeling anyway... I love Morgantown but...it ain't civilized, its WVU!) :)

How many couches were burned in Morgantown this time during March madness???

That's a trick question! There were no couches left after the last couch burning, so the answer is None.

Greebo said:
That's a trick question! There were no couches left after the last couch burning, so the answer is None.

That's scary, what do them 'eers start buring when all the couches are gone???:confused:

I knew there was something I liked about you Chuck, One of my favorite places to visit be winter or summer is Beckley,WV. Raleigh County is home of the New River (2nd oldest in the world) Truly Gods country!!

cherokeeflyboy said:
I knew there was something I liked about you Chuck, One of my favorite places to visit be winter or summer is Beckley,WV. Raleigh County is home of the New River (2nd oldest in the world) Truly Gods country!!

Then you've been to Pipestem State Park.....

There are some great places to tube on the New, even on the VA side. Best I ever saw was some girl riding down the river with a beer in one hand, and her cat riding on the inner tube with her. About 20 minutes later the tube was flat - the cat decided to dig its claws in going through the rapids....

My cousin is from near Beckley - Davis I think... Pretty territory! :)

Back