That elusive heliport...

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
I was driving through Sacramento last night and noticed that Sutter Memorial hospital now has a heliport. It's visible on the satellite imagery but it does not appear to have an identifier or listed in Airnav. Maybe it's new enough that it hadn't made it to the list yet. It's x-d out in the sat photo but I'm guessing it's operational now as it's beacon is working.

But that got me thinking. I pulled up a bunch of random heliports in the area, and was surprised how many were there. Except there is one, the Sunrise One heliport (1CA2) which is shown to be at this location, but I can't find anything nearby that even remotely resembles a heliport. Any ideas?

Never seen any sort of standard on listing heliports on sectionals. Some are quite small but yet identified but some (ours) aren't listed on sectionals and don't even have an FAA identifier.:dunno:

Why does in need to have an identifier or be charted?

I'm just curious. Heliports mostly aren't charted on sectionals. I just find it odd for a heliport to have an identifier, listed as having nine resident helicopters, with no visible evidence of such, that's all.

Back