TFR Waiver Process

HeliNomad

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
HeliNomad
I need help. This is the first time that I am using the wiavers.faa.gov website to apply for a TFR waiver for an MLB game. I created the account filled out the entire waiver form but am stuck on this last sections called documents. It wants me to upload a verification letter in PDF format. What is this verification letter? I can't find anything in the instructions that outlines what the letter format is supposed to be nor what it should contain. I feel like I am missing something really stupid. Upon trying to submit without the letter I get this error: "You must attach a PDF-format verification letter in the documents tab before you can submit your waiver.
Note: You may have to click the 'Save Draft' button to ensure the document is properly saved before submitting."

Please help!
Thanks

Applicants must provide to the Airspace Waivers Branch a letter of verification with a point of contact from the event sponsor (team), venue (stadium or raceway) or national broadcast rights holder (CBS, FOX etc), verifying the contractual obligation of the aircraft operator as required as an operational function of the event or venue. The letter must identify the pilot’s business name as stated on the application, the pilot name and aircraft registration number along with the venue location, and event name and date. The letter must be attached to the electronic application to verify the contractual obligation in compliance with the Section 521 Public Law 108-199. All pilots and crewmembers must be listed as part of the manifest on the application.

Sporting Events Waivers are event-specific. Each approved waiver will specify the name, dates and location of the specific sporting event(s) over which the pilot will be authorized to fly.

http://www.tsa.gov/stakeholders/airspace-waivers-0

Per http://www.tsa.gov/stakeholders/airspace-waivers-0

Processing the Waiver Request Form

Applicants must provide to the Airspace Waivers Branch a letter of verification with a point of contact from the event sponsor (team), venue (stadium or raceway) or national broadcast rights holder (CBS, FOX etc), verifying the contractual obligation of the aircraft operator as required as an operational function of the event or venue. The letter must identify the pilot’s business name as stated on the application, the pilot name and aircraft registration number along with the venue location, and event name and date. The letter must be attached to the electronic application to verify the contractual obligation in compliance with the Section 521 Public Law 108-199. All pilots and crewmembers must be listed as part of the manifest on the application.​

There is a time limit too, we were asked by the Reds to fly over a game, but the notice was too short to a waiver.

Thanks guys. I knew it was something obvious.

Per http://www.tsa.gov/stakeholders/airspace-waivers-0
Processing the Waiver Request Form

Applicants must provide to the Airspace Waivers Branch a letter of verification with a point of contact from the event sponsor (team), venue (stadium or raceway) or national broadcast rights holder (CBS, FOX etc)...​

Which just goes to show that sporting event TFRs are all about money, not safety.

[/INDENT]Which just goes to show that sporting event TFRs are all about money, not safety.

How is a sporting event TFR about money? I don't think it's about safety either, more security (if that's different) - but money?

How is a sporting event TFR about money? I don't think it's about safety either, more security (if that's different) - but money?

It restricts advertising that the event could not previously control.

The sporting event TFRs are basically to eliminate banner tows.

Same with the Disney "T"FRs

Back