TFR evasion - VGT

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Pal trapped in VGT, anyone familiar with that TFR?
Prez apparently blocking all traffic Fri.

Is repositioning the only solution?

Pal trapped in VGT, anyone familiar with that TFR?
Prez apparently blocking all traffic Fri.

Is repositioning the only solution?
How can he reposition if he's trapped. The TFR is from 1630 PDT today until 1130 PDT Thursday. If he's on the ground at VGT, he's screwed. Not only can he not take off tonight, he can't take off in the morning when it's "cool" and will have to depart into the HOT, bumpy air.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_0095.html
Looks like VGT is in the Inner Core. :(

Don't see any alternative methods of compliance, so repositioning would be it.

From July 08, 2010 at 2330 UTC (July 08, 2010 at 1630 PDT) To July 09, 2010 at 1830 UTC (July 09, 2010 at 1130 PDT) Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):
A. All aircraft operations within the 10 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 702-262-5955 to avoid potential delays.

FSS said he can reposition Thur and the TFR is Fri, the day he wants to leave.

How can he reposition if he's trapped. The TFR is from 1630 PDT today until 1130 PDT Thursday. If he's on the ground at VGT, he's screwed. Not only can he not take off tonight, he can't take off in the morning when it's "cool" and will have to depart into the HOT, bumpy air.
Where do you see those hours? I see it as being active
From July 08, 2010 at 2330 UTC (July 08, 2010 at 1630 PDT) To July 09, 2010 at 1830 UTC (July 09, 2010 at 1130 PDT)
So he can reposition Thursday morning.

Kansas City will be under a Presidential TFR on Thursday, July 8 - 11:30A to 5PM.

Where do you see those hours? I see it as being active
From July 08, 2010 at 2330 UTC (July 08, 2010 at 1630 PDT) To July 09, 2010 at 1830 UTC (July 09, 2010 at 1130 PDT)
So he can reposition Thursday morning.
In my screwed-up mind.:crazy: For some reason I thought today was Thursday (perhaps because the OP used the present tense).

Bob o Boy,,,What Shiz it this..

Speaking about security theater... TFR's will only change when the airlines are negatively affected. The least they should have done was to provide a route out of the area and a filing procedure (DVFR?). In reality, OUR government doesn't give a fig about the people who pay their salaries.

Sweet, excellent job AOPA!

Now the question: Did they propose an alternative, or just complain about the TFR as is? If they did, they're finally starting to get on the ball and fight stupid government moves.

A few more of these moves and I might consider returning...

AOPA is pretty aggressive about trying to at least get some special-rules access, and cutouts, but it is an uphill battle.

They succeeded (once) in getting such an arrangement for ADS, back when Mr. Bush was still President.

Even NBAA (with LOTS more money) didn't prevent this one.

I read someplace that even in Feb they had the same tfr in vgt....but with corridors to permit access to some of these airports -- and not put a such chokehold on the freedoms of so many businesses and individuals - unlike this time.

I had to go around two TFR's last week. The expanded P-40 for Camp David and the Presidential TFR for Robert Byrd's funeral in Charleston, WV. What a cluster.

:incazzato:

Back